This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Salem Media Group
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 01/24/2011
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States.
Salem Communications Phoenix is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized professional to plan, organize, implement, and measure our cluster’s promotional activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Creates and coordinates all aspects related to paid, trade, and advertiser- based events
• Supervises the set-up and execution of stations on-site promotions, remotes, and appearances
• Collaborates in the development and execution of major station events*
**Annual station events include Pastors Appreciation (fall), Salem National Syndicated Hosts visits (varies)
• Performs necessary functions connected to station contests/on-air prize giveaways
• Consults with Sales Department
• Executes Assigned On-Air Responsibilities
• Manages all promotional on air, web, internet, and print activity
Ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Public Relations or comparable experience in this field. 3-5 years experience in radio promotions is preferred
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Ideal candidate should be a self-starter, creative, and highly motivated
• Must be dependable and energetic
• Should display professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company
• Must have good decision-making skills and should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills are necessary for recordkeeping and data management. Needs to be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
• Photoshop skills are required
• Should have the ability to work in an Internet environment
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have the physical capacity to lift up to 50 pounds as required
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that you mention "Promotions Director" in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.