This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Opinion Editor and Writer
Alliance Defense Fund
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2011
Categories: Communications - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
ADF is seeking a highly professional and seasoned Senior Opinion Editor and Writer who will develop and edit original commentary for significant ADF leaders to effectively persuade and influence key public audiences. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of the various commentary opportunities and how each can be used to advance the ADF mission and communicate the uniqueness of ADF. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a persuasive writer, editor, and project manager. Your portfolio will include both published and original commentary.
As Senior Opinion Editor and Writer, you will be responsible for managing opinion editor relationships along with the workflow and deadlines that result from such relationships. You will develop, implement, and manage strategic opinion commentary campaigns. Working closely with our attorneys, you will assist with topic selection for scholarly writing initiatives and review/edit all submitted columns.
* B.A. in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field;
* 5+ years of progressive experience as an opinion-editorial writer;
* Strong internet research and project management skills;
* Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability;
* Working knowledge of constitutional law;
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting or work independently when needed;
* Strong computer skills: M.S. Office Word, Excel, and Outlook;
* Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.