This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Assistant – President’s Office
Arlington, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/18/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
We are a faith-based, non-profit organization with the vision to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation. Our mission is to accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships. We have a global focus with international concerns largely focusing in Asia and Africa. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team in Arlington, Texas.
Executive Assistant – President’s Office
We will rely on you to contribute to the maximization of the President’s time and focus by freeing him/her to concentrate on the most strategic activities by providing high level administrative support and representing the President and the company in designated matters on the President’s behalf.
By providing executive level administrative assistance to The Seed Company President, you will represent the President in designated matters and respond on the President’s behalf as determined. This requires a missional commitment to the work of the Lord, prayer for all aspects, along with a constantly growing faith. You will also provide coordination and administrative structure to the varied activities in the President’s office. As the Executive Assistant, you must be professional, demonstrate behavior and etiquette relevant to the group / individual with whom you relate, as well as act in the best interest of the company and the President’s office.
The successful candidate will become intimately familiar with The Seed Company mission, vision and values; demonstrating them in their work habits and expressions to others. You must be able relate well to executive staff, partners and others across a broad spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. You must also have the interpersonal attributes, experience and gifts which will allow you to quickly gain credibility with others along with having strong communication skills, conflict resolution skills; effective interpersonal skills including maturity, creativity and a high energy level.
By championing the company’s vision, mission, and values through work patterns, communication, team work, professional demeanor, etc., you will perform the following duties:
• Coordinate travel, logistics, scheduling of multiple and varied activities involving multiple constituents, partners, and stakeholders including but not limited to meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, and professional appointments
• Maintain high volume email and regular mail to the President; regular maintenance duties include but are not limited to scanning all email / mail and applying discretionary decisions to read and process, respond, re-direct, alert President of priority issues as designated
• Edit and draft memos, email and other correspondence on the President’s behalf; execute proper distribution and follow up
• Maintain routine, cyclical administrative processes including but not limited to expense reports, credit card reconciliation, President’s travel / time sheet
• Assist other team members in effectively interfacing / communicating with the President’s office
Your strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, God-honoring lifestyle, passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word of God to every people group in their own language is essential to thriving and succeeding, as are the following skills, abilities and experience:
• Ability to make informed independent decisions with appropriate discretion
• Demonstrated experience in business writing, editing, and effective professional correspondence
• Strong oral communication skills
• Effective utilization of grammar and professional etiquette
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
• Skill in working with / adapting to the utilization of various office equipment including but not limited to PC, fax, copiers, electronic or computerized projection equipment, multi-line telephone, etc.
• Previous experience in a fast paced, growth oriented environment
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• University degree or equivalent life experience, additional study in relevant course work
• Experience in a similar administrative role desirable
• Familiarity and understanding of social media is a plus
We value our staff members and care for their personal and professional well being. We offer a competitive package including salary depending on experience and demonstrated ability, a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical benefit, dental and vision reimbursement plan and future growth opportunities within the company. We are collaborative, creative and innovative, with each team member expected to contribute to meaningful impact and eternal outcomes.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We make employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony and identification with a local church.