AVERY DENNISON-SEEKS FINANCE REPORTING SYSTEMS ANALYSTRequisition #:
CRPNPAS5908 Business Unit:
Corporate North America Work Location:
Miller Corporate Center (Pasadena, CA)Relocation Available:
Competitive based on experiencePOSITION OVERVIEW:
As part of the “Corporate Financial Reporting Systems” department, provide maintenance and support to Avery Dennison’s corporate financial consolidation system (Hyperion HFM). This system is used by all Avery Dennison businesses worldwide and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Supported reporting modules include Actual, Plan, Forecasts, Tax Forecasts, Orders Entered and several Financial Schedules. CFRS is an IT corporate department with members in the US, Ireland and the UK.KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:End User Support
Avery Dennison’s corporate financial reporting system is used by its businesses worldwide. Currently, we have over 800+ users.
Duties include: Monitor the helpdesk and support the resolution of end user questions. Manage security access to the system for new users and for users that need changes to their access. Reporting Module Preparation
Reporting modules are made available to our users on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Duties include: Assist in the preparation of each module for its close cycle. Documentation must be kept current. Add / Change Process
The CFRS department has a process in place to manage requests for additions and changes to the corporate financial reporting system.
Duties include: Review requests for complete and correct information. Work with the end user community to resolve open items. Obtain appropriate approvals and perform system verifications.Documentation Maintenance
Avery Dennison’s business entities and financial accounts reporting structures are constantly updated to reflect additions and changes to reporting requirements.
Duties include: Ensure the Corporate Entity Hierarchies and COA documentation is kept up to date, reflecting additions and changes made to the system.Compliance
Avery Dennison strictly adheres to Sarbanes Oxley and IT Recommended Security compliance requirements.
Duties include: Gather and maintain large amounts of documentation. Ensure SOX controls are being adhered to. Carefully follow established procedures when making security additions or changes.Training
Avery Dennison’s corporate financial reporting system is used by its businesses worldwide.
Duties include: Provide training to our end-users via formal classroom instruction and one-on-one sessions. Required to attain and maintain a strong working knowledge of the corporate financial reporting system.Support for New Financial Applications/Projects
Due to changing market conditions, Avery Dennison adjusts its reporting requirements. This allows the CFRS team to drive new reporting projects.
Duties include: Provide support to those new projects as needed.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• BS or BA degree with a technology or business concentration.
• Minimum of 5 years professional work experience.
• Must possess strong technical and analytical skills. Must be very detail-oriented and with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical and functional processes to both technical and functional teams – at all levels of the corporation.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint). Strong Excel formulas knowledge is a plus. Experience with financial/accounting systems such as Hyperion HFM, Hyperion Enterprise, FDM, Peoplesoft, MFGPro, Oracle and/or ERPs is a plus.
• Independent self-starter that can complete tasks with little supervision, thrive in a fast paced environment and meet deadline requirements.
• Positive and approachable personality with strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with departments throughout the corporation.
• Able to work evening hours a few days per month.
• Approx. 10% travel domestically and internationallyAvery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.To Apply, please use the following link and Create A Profile for the Financial Reporting Systems Analyst position, thank you.