Join the cause of Compassion: releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Compassion International is seeking an Internal Auditor Lead. More than a half century of unwavering integrity and depth of professional experience have built a foundation of great credibility for Compassion’s ministry. As the world's largest Christian child development organization, we steward the resources entrusted to us with utmost seriousness. Compassion commits to the highest professional and biblical principles in all aspects of our ministry and maintains the highest industry standards for our allocation of funds. A key element of our risk management program is internal audit.
The Internal Auditor Lead will facilitate organizational accountability and integrity by planning, implementing and applying audit processes and strategies. This includes travel for audits in the international environments where we work. These audits are conducted in a variety of business and cultural climates, working with customers who have varying levels of English proficiency.
The Internal Auditor Lead will serve as a partner within our ministry, focusing on consultation rather than compliance by bringing to the table the right mix of technical audit skills and relational skills.
To apply for this position and to view the full job description and other employment opportunities, please visit Compassion.com/careers.
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· 7 years of auditing or professional accounting
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· CIA or related audit certification required.
· Must possess or be willing to pursue CFE.
· CPA preferred.
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
· Builds God honoring relationships by demonstrating competence, cultural sensitivity, and diplomacy in all situations.
· Develops deep understanding of Compassion processes and audit standards to meet customer needs and mitigate risks. Possesses the knowledge and ability to effectively conduct different types of audits in a professional, ethical and objective manner using and interpreting applicable standards/requirements, with an awareness of potential legal and financial ramifications.
· Possesses leadership and interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, conduct interviews, make presentations effectively, obtain relevant data, and to encourage candid sharing of information. Mentors audit staff development.
The above statements are intended to describes some of the essential functions of this job. Additional functions are included in the job description and may be reviewed at Compassion.com/careers.
Make a difference for children living in abject poverty around the globe. We need people like you who want to live out their calling through their career skills. We believe that your calling is God given. It's who you are wherever you are. It is the sum total of your competencies, your character, and your compatibility to work with others.
Put your calling to work; apply now and become poverty’s worst enemy.