This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Wayside Cross Ministries
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 01/14/2011
Categories: Administrative - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Development
The Director of Development of Wayside Cross Ministries (WCM), Aurora, IL will play an integral role in the success of its Six Divisions fund development efforts. This position is located in Aurora, IL, one of the western suburbs of Chicago. The director works closely with the development team and will report directly to the Executive Director. The Director of Development is accountable for the development and execution of WCM’s short term and long term objectives and strategies including, initially to devote time and energy for a Major Capital Campaign to raise funds to build a new men’s facility.
Preference is given to those who served in multi-division/Bible-based Christ-centered Para-Church organizations and possess a working knowledge of the philanthropic communities and local churches. It is imperative that this individual fully embrace the mission, vision, and core values of WCM. The Director of Development will be creative, energetic and aggressive, with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for Donors and WCM to come together.
Requirement Skills, Characteristics and Experience:
• Strong leadership and management skills; ability to motivate and coach staff and volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient computer skills with donor tracking and data base software.
• Impeccable integrity with a commitment and passion for objectives of WCM.
• Minimum 7 years non-profit work, including annual giving, special events, major gift solicitation, grant writing, capital campaign and planned giving.
• Five years supervisory experience.
• Experience in managing fundraising campaign is a must.
• Experience in cultivating and soliciting individual and corporate donors.
• A Bachelors Degree with relevant advanced training or degree desired.
Salary dependant upon skills and experience.