This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Marketing & Social Media
Angel Christian Television Trust/GOD TV
Grandview, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 01/13/2011
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you a marketing expert searching for a position that makes an impact on the world? GOD TV is a global television network that broadcasts Christian programming from Jerusalem to over 180 million homes worldwide. We are seeking a dynamic marketing professional to lead a variety of marketing objectives. Please review the position description below and email your resume today if you’re interested!!
The Director of Marketing and Social Media will play a key role in marketing GOD TV throughout a variety of avenues. This person must be not only digital savvy and skilled at coordinating a variety of marketing campaigns, but one who can think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively in order to keep up with the demands of current technologies and communications within a fast-paced media environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Creates and oversees the development of marketing policies, objectives, and initiatives to increase revenue.
• Coordinates and implements marketing projects to promote GOD TV on air, on the web, through direct mail, and other outlets.
• Conducts market research and monitors changes in the marketplace and industry to keep GOD TV on the cutting edge.
• Responsible for developing and executing Social Media engagement strategy for GOD TV while ensuring alignment with ministry, brand, and marketing goals.
• Manage the day-to-day social media channel presence (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media programs/communities).
• Drive/own social media innovation for GOD TV staying on top of emerging technology and new media trends to better reach key audiences and drive customer engagement.
• Responsible for monitoring social networks, identifying opportunities and threats to GOD TV’s image and offering ideas to address them.
• Write/create/post web content on applicable social channels and be highly responsive to comments and feedback.
• Work closely with the Communications Department to deliver social media strategies that align with GOD TV’s Communication initiatives.
• Establish consistency of message across multiple social media channels.
• Own the social media strategy and plan which must be constantly updated and communicated as the environment changes.
• Must have a clear passion and knowledge of social technologies.
• Must have a keen instinct at developing external relationships.
• Must be a committed Christian with an appreciation for the Mission and Vision of GOD TV.
• Must have a holistic sense of GOD TV’s purpose and communication priorities.
• Must have the ability to work within short time frames in order to detect emerging opportunities or threats in constantly changing social technologies and respond rapidly to them.
• Must have knowledge of techniques for measuring marketing effectiveness.
• Must have a working knowledge and background in marketing on multiple platforms to a wide range of consumers within and outside of the Christian marketplace.
• Must have an ability to combine the old with the new in harnessing the latest technologies in meeting ministry objectives.
• Must have the ability to multi-task on many ongoing projects while maintaining focus to ensure quality control to bring successful completion and/or accomplishments to each project.
• Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Marketing.
• Must be a self-starter with an outgoing and driven personality and who is business-oriented with a strategic mindset.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in marketing/communications or related area.
• Experience in Project Management strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resumes to Jaime Summers, Head of U.S. Human Resources, email@example.com.