This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Brighter Day Ministries
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 01/07/2011
Categories: Administrative - Church Staff
Job Type: Part-Time
Brighter Day Ministries is seeking a highly motivated and energetic part-time Executive Secretary. Applicants must be detail oriented, highly organized, and a self-starter who excel at working independently. In this position, the successful candidate will be working to support the Senior Pastor and the administrative team ministries of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee all aspects of the Administrative team ministries.
2. Maintain the Senior Pastor’s calendar.
3. Maintain a church contact database of vendors, ministers, etc.
4. Interact as needed with leaders, members, staff, vendors and others on behalf of the Senior Pastor.
5. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
6. Prepare responses to correspondence, as well as generated original business correspondence;
7. Create and modify documents such as reports, memos, and letters using word processing, spreadsheet and other such Microsoft Office or other programs;
8. Performs research when needed to generate documents, or to adequately prepare for upcoming meetings;
9. Maintain all vendor contracts and records, as well as approves vendor invoices for payment.
10. Prepare agendas for meetings, compiles, transcribes, and maintains minutes of the Administrative team ministries meetings.
11. Make travel arrangements for Senior Pastor as well as other staff members.
1. At least 3 or more years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Secretary;
2. Exceptional organizational skills for self and others;
3. Must possess strong computer software skills;
4. Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
5. Ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all areas of knowledge of business matters.
7. Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean record, as well as be able to provide proof that’s acceptable to the Church.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
or to the Church Office @ A. P. Shaw Campus
2525 - 12th Place, SE - Washington, DC 20020