This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sales Associate-Food Distribution
Good Source Solutions
Carlsbad, California, United States
Date Posted: 01/07/2011
Categories: Sales - Social Services
Job Type: Contract
Good Source Solutions is a growing company specializing in foodservice sales, manufacturing and distribution. We market and distribute products to correctional facilities, schools, relief organizations and non-profit organizations. We are a cutting edge leader in our field with an outstanding reputation!
We are seeking sales associates to help us grow our Treasure Box program. The candidate will be introducing this food program to churches, senior communities and other community organizations. The successful candidate will have some sales experience, a good work ethic; familiarity working with faith based organizations, a philanthropic outlook and servant heart attitude.
This unique and challenging position requires a dynamic self-starter who is passionate about making a difference in their community! This person will have the following responsibilities:
• Customer Development
o Research and identify potential candidates
o Coordinate community networking
o Present program opportunity both on the telephone, internet and in person
o Coordinate marketing and local advertising
o Place orders and assure customer satisfaction
o Lead on-site training seminars and be accessible to customers as needed.
• Order processing and Customer service
o Tabulate monthly orders
o Assure monthly orders are processed and payment is received
o Process all order confirmation and confirm shipping documentation is processed as well as proof of deliveries are received
o Coordinate specific distribution plan with warehouse and transportation facility
o Key responsibility for setting up and proctoring monthly distribution conference call
o Key responsibility for communicating delivery schedule to all operating parties and customer site coordinators in a timely fashion to maintain customer service levels
The successful candidate will:
• A bachelor’s degree, sales experience, and have experience working with churches, retirement communities, and non-profit food banks or their agencies. *Relocation is NOT required.
• Be able to multitask in a fast paced hands-on dynamic environment while still being strategic
• Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrate good negotiation skills and be a decision maker
• Demonstrate strong people skills and enjoy networking.
• Be analytical, highly organized and enjoy working with data
• Posses strong problem solving skills and work with little direction
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, and quick learner for internal systems
**Interested parties; please submit cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please describe:
1. Any recent volunteer work/community involvement
2. Why you are interested in this position
3. Compensation expectations