This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Vice President of Personnel
Wycliffe Bible Translators of Canada Inc
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 01/05/2011
Categories: Human Resources - Missions
Job Type: Full-Time
WYCLIFFE CANADA POSITION DESCRIPTION
Vice President of Personnel
To provide direction and biblical leadership to the Personnel area, emphasizing teamwork, and resourcing and supporting Personnel staff in order to maximize the area’s contribution to the attainment of Wycliffe Canada’s vision, mission and ends.
• Provides vision and sets direction for the Personnel area in line with Wycliffe Canada strategic themes. Develops the budget, in collaboration with Finance, and monitors it against actual activity.
• Leads the Personnel staff and develops and supports a healthy work environment. Encourages increasing professionalism and continuous improvement among staff.
• Coordinates recruitment of qualified and diverse individuals. Guides Wycliffe Canada in leadership and staff succession planning.
• Ensures the effective operations of the Personnel area, which includes processing membership applications, position assignments, care of staff worldwide, retirement, processing of internships, volunteers, and employees.
• Develops, maintains and applies appropriate policies and procedures. This includes collaborating with other departments to ensure that Wycliffe Canada Personnel policies and procedures are aligned with Canadian Labour laws, Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) policies and Canadian immigration regulations.
• Participates on the Wycliffe Canada Leadership Team.
• Provide general orientation to new Wycliffe Canada staff and is a resource for the training of all Wycliffe Canada staff.
• Creates an environment that promotes and advances collaborative work and communication between the Personnel area and other areas of Wycliffe Canada. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships outside Wycliffe Canada that contribute to Wycliffe Canada strategic themes.
• Models biblical leadership, prioritizing the Word and prayer in daily work and life and leading from a position of service.
• Understands and promotes Wycliffe Canada’s vision and mission.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Models and encourages lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Human Resources and/or HR designation (CHRP, SHRP, GPHR).
• Experience in a charity organization is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
LOCATION OF WORK
• Calgary preferred, but other places in Canada considered