89.7 WMHK, a Dove Award winning station in Columbia, SC, has a rare opening for a Program Director & On Air Personality. POSITION SUMMARYThe WMHK Program Director
makes recommendations to the Operations Manager regarding programs, station format and schedule; monitors air signal (programs and announcers) for quality control. Administrates production, traffic and PSAs. Consults with Operations Manager about music content, scheduling, etc. Oversees music selection and rotation. Supervising and evaluating full- and part-time announcers. Guides in the development and implementation of new technology. Regularly fills an air shift operating the radio station, fulfilling all on-air responsibilities as an announcer doing both live and pre-recorded broadcasting all in accordance with FCC rules and with the mission statements of Columbia Bible College Broadcasting Company and its parent corporation, Columbia International University.
Serves as a role model of professional demeanor and spiritual maturity.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On-air position, Programming and music selection, Administration and supervision (e.g., air-checking, critiquing of on-air staff, scheduling of work hours), Projects, special assignments, (e.g., remote broadcasts, representing the station), Production (e.g., pulling together materials for on-air responsibilities and occasional voice-overs).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proven skills in radio programming, music directing and some promotions/marketing.
• Advanced knowledge and ability in use of radio studio equipment, including digital editors and computer automation
• Proven success as a radio personality
• Ability to lead and to supervise others in a positive way
• Skill in public appearances
• Proficiency in use of computers
• Good writing and editing skills
• Proven ability to serve as a role model of professional demeanor and spiritual maturityEDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Three years of medium to major market broadcasting experience, skills development and/or training in radio: on-air, production, writing, editing, etc.
• BA in related field preferred, or 5 years in radio station management, drive-time announcing and production.Please send a short description of your programming philosophy, on air audio, resume and completed Application For Employment to:EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o 89.7 WMHK
PO Box 3122
Columbia, SC 29230