Currently we are looking to fill the position for the Fund Development Director.Do you want to make a difference in the health of your community?
And in the lives of the people you serve? Do you love people and demonstrate compassion through your actions? We have an outstanding opportunity for someone like you. Puget Sound Christian Clinic (PSCC)
is a free clinic established in 2003 to show the love of Christ to low-income uninsured individuals through quality compassionate health care. We are in the midst of a major expansion, bringing hope and healing to underserved populations throughout Puget Sound through our recently purchased mobile medical clinic.We are seeking a Fund Development Director
to plan, direct and implement a strategic action plan to meet the increased financial objectives of the clinic. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will:
• Work with the Fund Development Committee to develop strategies to meet fundraising goals.
• Implement and manage all fundraising activities, including annual giving, special projects, fundraising events, and other clinic-related solicitations.
• Lead and manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Work collaboratively with a grant writer to plan, write and submit grant proposals to foundations and corporations.
• As needed, research, develop and/or make recommendations for planned giving, endowment and capital campaigns, within organizational strategic priorities.
• Oversee planning of 2-3 annual fundraising events.
• Oversee donor and gift record-keeping and donor database management.
• Work collaboratively with the board, Executive Director and Volunteer Manager to identify and train a core group of volunteers to assist with fundraising and special events.
• Develop and provide fundraising training for board members and other fund development volunteers.
• Provide fund development reports to the board and Executive Director.
• Oversee the production of a quarterly newsletter, the annual report, the website, and needed fundraising materials.
• Coordinate the development of all organizational collateral marketing pieces, including solicitation materials, overview brochures, annual reports, quarterly newsletter, and website.
• Pray regularly for PSCC and God’s direction in fulfilling job responsibilities and duties.
• Pray with donors and volunteers as appropriate.SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Proven experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies to meet goals.
• Three or more years fundraising experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to relate to diverse communities.
• Ability to work both as a leader and part of a team.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving.
• Ability to work closely with staff, board members and volunteers.
• Ability to work independently, as a self-starter, and in a fast-paced team environment.In summary
, we're looking for a strong leader with a history of completing projects in a timely manner. You must be a great public speaker and a fantastic writer. You must be creative, proactive and independent, with strong organizational and planning skills. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Email cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2011.