This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Ministry Relations
Arrow Child and Family Ministries
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 12/22/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
Arrow Child & Family Ministries, a National and Multi-National agency, located North of Houston, Texas, serves to advance the well-being of children, families, communities, and culture by providing an array of services and engaging the local church to promote Christian responsibility and commitment to strengthen family life.
In 1992 The Arrow Project was conceived with one vision, to ensure that children and families have access to effective and caring resources for their lives. Today, as Arrow Child & Family Ministries, our vision remains the same. We are committed to promoting and enhancing the positive growth of children and families through preventive, supportive, and therapeutic services. As a result we are seeking the following position to oversee a 40million plus budget with multiple funding streams including various government contracts and private donors. As a result we are seeking the following position:
Director of Ministry Relations
The Director of Ministry Relations shall be responsible for establishing Christian ministries and partnerships in local churches and the community to meet the needs of abused and neglected children. The Director shall also be responsible for ensuring that spiritual development opportunities are provided within Arrow Child & Family Ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Establish relationships with local churches to meet the needs of vulnerable children.
• Identify opportunities to convey the mission of Arrow Child & Family Ministries to the local church and extended church community.
• Promote the development of church centered foster care and adoptive ministries.
• Develop relationships with local churches & para-church organizations to identify needs of families and children in crisis.
• Identify & develop resources needed to equip local church and community to meet needs as related to helping kids and strengthen families.
• Make church and community presentations to promote Arrow Child & Family Ministries.
• Conduct orientation sessions as needed in the local church.
• Explore and participate in fund raising opportunities and special events in local communities.
• Assist in development of marketing and ministerial resource materials.
• Attend trainings and meetings as required.
• Share/transmit the mission and vision of Arrow Child & Family Ministries to staff and to clients and families served.
• Developing internal program within Arrow Child & Family Ministries
Supervises Spiritual Programming Minister and Ministry Development Coordinator. Responsibilities may include interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employee; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, recognizing staff performance and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The Director of Ministry Relations shall possess a bachelor’s degree and have background in Christian ministry. The ideal candidate will have the ability to network with pastors and religious leaders in the community.
Apply online: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ARROW&cws=1&rid=582