This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Logistics Operations Manager
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2011
Categories: Management - Transportation
Job Type: Full-Time
IDEAS is offering this position through a commercial partner. Please visit our website for additional information on commercial partner positions. This position is located in Costa Rica.
A global leader in logistics supply chain services is experiencing exponential growth and is expanding its operation. Headquartered in the Southwest United States with facilities in Central America, Western Europe and the Pacific Islands, this international company seeks to establish and empower trust within the logistics supply chain ecosystem. Built on principles of financial responsibility, integrity and character, the company is committed to supporting and developing the communities in which it works.
From LSP accounts receivable management to shipper freight audit and payment to strategic business intelligence and working capital optimization solutions, each customer is given individualized attention and solutions. This has resulted in a very high multi-year retention rate of the company’s blue chip customer base. The company has successfully processed hundreds of millions of transactions in more than 40 different currencies on behalf of its customers and partners.
Logistics Operations Manager
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage cost-effective logistics transaction processing services in a highly automated environment
• Represent best practice Lean 6-Sigma business process principles to customers, suppliers and employees
• Business Process improvement of the logistics transaction processing function
Required Skills / Abilities:
• Transformational leadership supervisory skills, staff development, teaching and mentoring skills
• Experience with logistics systems management, operations, or finance
• Analytical thinker, detailed, creative and strategic
Desired Skills / Abilities:
• Business Process Automation / high volume automated process leadership experience in logistics
• Financial or Operational Transaction Processing Management experience
• Spanish is desirable
• Outsourcing or shared service center experience
• Experience working in a virtual management environment or with cross functional teams
• Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
Required Professional Experience:
• 5+ years applicable experience in large corporate environment
• Logistics Operations / Transaction Processing background in shift environments with 100 employees
• Lives a healthy lifestyle to include social, intellectual, physical and spiritual areas
• Attitude and outlook appropriate for working in a developing country
• Competitive compensation package and relocation assistance