This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Haiti
Date Posted: 12/16/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: Supervise and manage all financial transactions and financial planning for the World Concern area assigned and provide oversight to country offices.
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of World Concern and faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
2. Manage the area office senior accountant, accounting staff in the area office and country offices.
3. Work with CRISTA accounting to ensure all financial reporting is accurate, in the proper format and timely. CRISTA accounting will set standards and policies.
4. Develop auditing program; including guidelines, procedures and schedule.
5. Direct and implement the preparation and fulfillment of the regional annual audit.
6. Supervise and coordinate for all auditing requirements for the area office and field country offices.
7. Design and direct training initiatives to improve the capacity of the management and accounting staff in finances. Support trouble-shooting issues regarding day to day financial operations.
8. Participate in the management team meetings and discussion concerning projects and administrative decisions.
9. Review and analyze World Concern monthly financial statements and report the financial status of the organization to the management team on a monthly basis.
10. Oversee all financial reports required by major donors of field generated income.
11. Oversee the monthly statement of field income and deferred revenue expenses.
12. Monitor records of all exchange transactions and monthly exchange rates.
13. Budgets: Oversee the preparation of all area budgets including:
• Master budget (administration income and expenditure).
• Donor budgets (assisting and approving budgets produced by the CD/Grants team).
• PPF budgets.
• Funding grid (donor allocations against expenditure).
• Capital expenditure: (Vehicles, IT, Equipment, furniture etc).
• Cash flow forecasts for Field budgets (monthly) and Master budget (quarterly).
14. Review the reconciliations of all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
15. Produce an annual year planner for key finance tasks
16. Ensure that receivables are paid on a timely basis.
17. Ensure World Concern meets all its taxation requirements in each country. Seek to minimize tax in partnership with other industry bodies.
18. Maintain bank signatories with CRISTA Comptroller approval.
19. In cooperation with Operations/Logistics ensure vehicle and asset policies are complied with and insurance is updated. Jointly monitor costs with Operations/Logistics.
20. Maintain a fraud policy and Investigate potential fraud immediately. Maintain the strongest deterrence, staff training, vigilance, detection, early investigation, reporting and asset and evidence security procedures necessary to minimize the risk to World Concern and its donors.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
1. Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ and committed to World Concern’s values and mission.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA certificate.
3. Five years accounting experience with a business and/or non-profit organization.
4. Administration and management experience in a cross-cultural setting.
5. Working knowledge of accounting software packages, Microsoft Office, and general basic computer knowledge.
6. Available for at least a two year commitment.
7. Fluent in English.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
1. Previous experience living in position region.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach and train others in small group settings.
3. Graduate degree in related field
1. Requires travel to different countries in the region.
2. Living conditions vary by location.
3. Position may require travel into conflict or disaster settings.
4. Urban living conditions with exposure at times to sub standard living conditions.