IDEAS is offering this position through a commercial partner. For more information about commercial partnership positions, please visit our website. This position is located in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Product Development & IT Chief of Staff
The Product Development & IT Chief of Staff (COS) must be familiar with and have intellectual curiosity for open, emerging technologies and their benefits, be able to understand and participate in setting strategic direction, and serve to oversee progress in this area. Reporting to the VP of Product Development & IT, the COS role is to offload and otherwise handle activities such as tracking strategic initiatives by monitoring progress toward meeting goals and achieving objectives, analyzing data, ensuring follow-through on the part of key players, and sustaining momentum need to drive these initiatives. This role involves managing a global team of both internal employees and external contractors.
Other responsibilities include:
• Assisting in organizational development, building and managing a sustainable scalable virtual organization that ensures profitable cash optimized growth in a sustainable & scalable business model.
• Proactively identifying and successfully addressing gaps in people, processes and tools within the organization.
• Ensuring that the performance for each product component meets or exceeds specification and mean time between failure in any system or process are minimized.
• Assisting in the development and management of budget.
• Change management oversight to ensure changes to both legacy and new processes and technologies to ensure desired results.
• Manage development projects and activities in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to accommodate demanding project schedules.
• Evaluation of and recommendations for selection of outsourcing partners as well as assessing progress toward contractual commitments.
• Keeping tabs on all active internal and external Product Development & IT projects, reporting on statuses, creating and tracking metrics, acting as a first-alert system for unanticipated problems, gaps, risks or opportunities.
• Ensuring organization principles are followed and proper documentation and training materials are created for each project.
• Travel to foreign offices, outside vendors, and both current and potential customers to assist in organizational development, project oversight, training, staff reviews, etc.
Required experience and skills:
• Servant Leadership. This role is very visible and involves interaction with many individuals who many not have a direct reporting relationship. This person must be of the utmost integrity and inspire confidence and loyalty through example in order to serve as one of the leaders in Product Development & IT.
• Time management
• Information gathering and analysis in order to present accurate and reliable information on what is happening throughout global Product Development & IT team.
• Strong communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate up, laterally, and down through the organization.
• The ability to give and receive constructive criticism while holding people accountable.
• Emotional maturity and diplomacy skills.
• Experience with testing / QA methodologies and organizations.
• 8+ years of IT working experience including 5+ years in leadership roles.
• Minimum 4-year IT related degree combined with an MBA.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IDEAS is a non-profit humanitarian and development organization that sends Christian professionals (Associates) to work around the world using their skills, education and experience. In addition to our self-funded positions in North Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East, and South and East Asia, IDEAS has expanded its commercial partnership opportunities and now has salaried positions open in the US, Costa Rica and the Philippines. More...