This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Finance Director, Americas
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 12/15/2010
Categories: Accounting - Financial Services/Insurance
Job Type: Full-Time
IDEAS is offering this position through a commercial partner. Please visit our website for additional information on commercial partner positions. This position is located in Costa Rica.
A global leader in logistics supply chain services is experiencing exponential growth and is expanding its operation. Headquartered in the Southwest United States with facilities in Central America, Western Europe and the Pacific Islands, this international company seeks to establish and empower trust within the logistics supply chain ecosystem. Built on principles of financial responsibility, integrity and character, the company is committed to supporting and developing the communities in which it works.
From LSP accounts receivable management to shipper freight audit and payment to strategic business intelligence and working capital optimization solutions, each customer is given individualized attention and solutions. This has resulted in a very high multi-year retention rate of the company’s blue chip customer base. The company has successfully processed hundreds of millions of transactions in more than 40 different currencies on behalf of its customers and partners.
Finance Director, Americas
Essential Job Functions:
• Create transparency through auditable metrics for all business units to provide performance
and forecast information
• Audit, variance reporting, payroll, budgets, accounting
• Business Process improvement
Required Skills / Abilities:
• Transformational leadership supervisory skills, staff development, teaching and mentoring skills
• Experience with manufacturing finance or shared service center finance
• Analytical thinker, detailed, creative and strategic
Desired Skills / Abilities:
• Logistics experience, operations experience, and/or net suite experience
• Spanish is desirable
• Outsourcing or shared service center experience
• Experience working in a virtual management environment or with cross functional teams
• Bachelors degree required, Masters degree and CPA preferred
Required Professional Experience:
• 10+ years applicable experience in large corporate environment
• Manufacturing background in shift environments with 100+ employees
• Lives a healthy lifestyle to include social, intellectual, physical and spiritual areas
• Attitude and outlook appropriate for working in a developing country
• Competitive compensation package and relocation assistance