Juntos Podemos Curundu (Together We Can Curundu - TWC) is currently looking to fill the position of Executive Director. Mission Statement
The Mission of Together We Can Curundu is to revitalize the community of Curundu through effective programs addressing the physical, educational and spiritual needs of individuals, using staff, volunteers and like-minded partnerships to reach its goals. About Curundu and Together We Can
Curundu is an inner city slum area with many educational, social and spiritual challenges. The vision is to develop TWC into a self-sustaining community center with a spiritual emphasis, staffed by individuals from the community. The Board of Directors will create policies and the Executive Director will provide the administrative expertise to achieve these goals over time. Executive Director Requirements
• Be a committed Biblical Christian and in agreement with TWC Statement of Faith.
• Have a passion for serving others.
• Lead an exemplary life.
• Possess leadership qualities.
• Have administrative experience.
• Preferably a Latin who understands and is comfortable with the local culture.
• Preferably married and willing to serve with his spouse.
• Willing to live at the Curundu center.
• Fluent in Spanish (English a plus).Job Description
The Executive Director will be appointed by the Board of Directors of TWC and reports directly to the Board.
The principle function of the Executive Director is to supervise the day to day functioning of the onsite ministry of TWC. His specific duties are outlined below:
• Staffing…Recruit for and recommend to the Board; the hiring and firing of paid staff for TWC. Screen and approve qualified volunteer workers to be incorporated in the staff.
• Training…Develop and supervise basic and ongoing training for paid staff and volunteers. Evaluate the results on a periodic basis and report to the Board.
• Discipline and accountability...Ensure that the staff of TWC (paid and volunteer) are adhering to the policies and principles of the ministry. Coach, mentor, and discipline as appropriate.
• Spiritual Leadership…Communicate and assure compliance to the spiritual goals established by the Board and provide spiritual support for staff.
• Programs…Recommend to the Board the establishment of new programs and the elimination of programs that do not meet the “Decision Making Criteria” found in the Policies and Operations document.
• Supervise the daily accounting and stewardship of TWC assets. Maintain custody of the petty cash fund (may be delegated).
• Prepare an annual Work Plan and Budget for presentation to the Board.
• Prepare, in cooperation with the Board, a 5 year vision and strategy for TWC.
• Review the Budget periodically and recommend to the Board any needed adjustments.
• Identify and develop leadership from within the Curundu community who can assume staff positions in TWC.
• Participate in TWC Board meetings. Make policy recommendations as needed.
• Supervise construction projects as authorized by the Board.
• Coordinate with the various ministries the use of the TWC facilities.
• Be the official representative of TWC and establish relationships within the community.
• Coordinate fundraising and marketing efforts as requested by the Board.Fluency in Spanish and proficiency in English is a requirement.To Apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the following Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org