This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2010
Categories: Advertising/PR - Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The AE interfaces with various agency departments to define specific projects and then help ensure that projects are designed and delivered to meet the specific objective. This includes identifying which agency resources are needed and then meeting with various department members to ensure the agency is providing the most talented resources possible to solve specific issues or to help our clients exceed their objectives.
The AE works closely with the Account Director (AD) to develop strategic marketing plans for clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the AE is primarily responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The AE along with the AD are responsible to help identify and gain new business from existing clients.
The AE reports to the AD/Client Services Senior Vice President AD appropriate.
• Meets regularly with and provides client services leadership for Traffic Manager, Creative, New Media, Innovation Services and Marketing Intelligence Teams to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients.
• Receives client briefings from AD or client contacts. Completes reports from all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays client changes on projects to all appropriate team members.
• Develops specific impact strategy in conjunction with the AD and communicates the planned strategy through a written creative brief.
• Manages internal creative meetings ensuring client-approved strategies are understood and well executed.
• Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients in conjunction with AD; supports other client services team members in these functions.
• Keeps apprised of clients’ brands, programs, services and marketing developments.
• Reviews and approves client invoicing and planned future billing projections.
• Responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
• Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
• Coordinates project execution, timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
• Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
• Keeps apprised of internal projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
• Marshals internal resources and provides strategic direction in the creative briefs for individual projects while leading internal team through execution.
• Develops strong working relationship with mid-level client and engages AD in client satisfaction variables that might influence future retention.
• Effectively supervises direct reports, building and authentic team environment with those reports and with those on his/her agency team. Creates a context in which people thrive and positively impact the agency culture.
• Leads by example and serves AD a mentor for more junior staff.
The primary requirements for someone seeking the position of AE include:
1. Team player interested in maximizing the performance of all parties at Masterworks in service to clients and each other.
2. Intimate familiarity with direct mail principles and reporting systems.
3. Proven track record of success with a variety of client organizations, preferably some experience with non-profit or charitable Christian ministries.
4. Ability to develop marketing plans that encompass all disciplines of the marketing function.
5. Ability and experience producing and presenting reports appropriate for client meetings, client board presentations, etc.
6. Ability to develop analytical reports highly statistical in nature that communicates effectively to intended audiences.
7. Ability to direct research projects and coordinate efforts of outside vendors.
8. Ability to travel for client meetings (up to 15-20% of the time).
9. Strong ability to take initiative, problem solves, and develops solutions.
10. Ability to initiate and follow through on projects in a timely and responsible manner.
11. Five to 7 years of experience as an Account Manager.
12. Ability to manage/supervise those on your team.