This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Arlington, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/03/2010
Categories: Communications - Other
Job Type: Full-Time
We are a growing, dynamic faith-based non-profit organization. Our vision is to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation. We are seeking a Senior Editor to serve with our Communications team.
As a Senior Editor, you will be responsible for the editing of material to tell The Seed Company story in a consistent way through a variety of media and styles.
The ideal candidate will be consistently responsive to organizational needs and gain personal fulfillment when helping others succeed and realize achievement when facilitating team goals. Effective interpersonal skills including communication, maturity, creativity and a high energy level are crucial.
Your skill and experience in editing will have eternal results as you engage with our vision to see God's Word transforming lives in every language, in this generation!
• Edit copy for a variety of promotional materials, maintaining editorial standards and styles;
• Contribute to the editorial process with a focus on best practices;
• Edit materials and give direction to writers as required;
• Participate in planning and scheduling of projects;
• Research and write copy as needed for a variety of projects;
• Actively pursue ways to improve efficiency by soliciting feedback
Your strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, God-honoring lifestyle, passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word of God to every people group in their own language is essential to thriving and succeeding, as are the following skills, abilities and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning in a field of study related to the position;
• Five years related experience with high levels of achievement;
• Demonstrated expertise in a variety of copywriting styles including promotional/advertising, editorial and direct mail;
• Demonstrated ability to research and source story material;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively edit written materials, providing constructive feedback to the writer;
• Proven experience in working on multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
• Proven ability to write and edit SEO/social media focused material;
• Proven experience and ability to work collaboratively with creative, cross-functional teams;
• Previous experience in a fast paced, growth oriented organization
We value our staff members’ time and efforts. Salary is based on demonstrated experience and ability. Additionally, we offer a generous benefits plan (paid time off; medical plan, dental, and vision reimbursement plan); and future growth opportunities within the company. We build a work environment for our staff where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful impact and eternal outcomes.
The Seed Company makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony and identification with a local church.