This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Kaw Prairie Community Church
lenexa, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 11/26/2010
Categories: Church Staff - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Part-Time
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for all programming related to children from birth through 5th grade. This includes Sunday morning programming for the Nursery and (J.A.M.- Jesus And Me) Sunday School, arranging childcare for mid-week ministry programming, and coordinating special programming for elementary aged children.
• Supervise paid Nursery Staff, including hiring new staff as needed
• Assist Nursery Staff with creation and implementation of simple curriculum elements on Sunday morning
• Recruit and train adult and teen nursery volunteers, making sure that the nursery rooms are adequately staffed each Sunday
Jesus and Me (J.A.M.) Sunday School
• Recruit, train and lead volunteers that lead activities within J.A.M.: teaching, design, check-in, music, drama and Kingdom Kids
• Recruit and train adult and teen volunteers for all areas of J.A.M.
• Select and implement the annual curriculum teachings
• Communicate teaching curriculum information with teachers and families on a weekly basis through the midweek newsletter, emails and on the website
• Work with ministry leaders to determine childcare needs and funding
• Coordinate childcare providers and payment processes for each event
• Coordinate annual recurring ministry events for children, including but not limited to: Exploring Communion Retreat and 5th Grade Bible Gifting and Lock-in
• Provide a Vacation Bible School
• Support denomination camp experiences
• Have cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and the ability to work effectively with children and their parents as well as ministry volunteers.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.