This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
CHOICES, Women's Resource Center
Pomona, California, United States
Date Posted: 11/25/2010
Categories: Hospitality - Social Services
Job Type: Part-Time
The Event Coordinator for CHOICES, Women’s Resource Center, plans and oversees Transformational Giving by getting people involved, and coordinates major fundraising events. The person reports to the Board of Directors.
1. Assists in getting people involved in the ministry through volunteering, or in some capacity. Active involvement and spiritual transformation are the goals (versus just writing a check).
2. Plans and implements four major fundraisers each year: Fall Banquet, Winter Reception and Center Tour, Spring Walk for Life, Summer Women’s Tea. Generates significant donations. Increases the number of monthly donors and individual donors.
3. Manages fundraising expenses within budgets established by board.
4. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience in getting volunteers involved, and in planning and implementing fundraising events within budget.
2. Born again Christian with a mature walk with the Lord Jesus.
3. Previous experience in working for or volunteering in a prolife organization.
4. Agree to CHOICES’ Statement of Faith and Practice, and Conflict of Interest Policy.
5. Prefer college degree or its equivalent.
6. Supervisory experience preferred.
7. A good balance between accomplishment-oriented and people-oriented.
8. High level of integrity and self-starting ability.
9. Excellent references.
Hours and Salary - Negotiable
Two references are required including one from the applicant’s pastor, deacon or small group leader, and the other from someone who has known the applicant for at least 6 months.
To request an application, please contact:
Mike Brady, Board President
For more information about CHOICES, please see our website at: www.Saveababy.net and our client focused website: www.OptionMinded.com
Available: Applications being accepted now