This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Network Engineer 1
The Strickland Group
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/17/2010
Categories: Consulting Services - IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Network Engineer 1
We are looking for a network engineer to provide network administration for our client's networks. We manage all aspects of our clients computer systems and networks including IT project implementation and helpdesk support.
Skills Required -
MCSE or MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, Network Administrator, System Administration, Troubleshooting skills, Windows Administration, firewalls, virtualization technologies, backup technologies
Looking for an MCSE or MCITP: Enterprise Administrator with 3+ years of experience who has experience going to clients' sites as a Field Technician, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator.
This position requires constant interaction with clients this position and therefore a professional demeanor and enjoyment of client service is a must.
What you'll need
- MCSE or equivalent MCITP certification is a MUST
- 3+ experience with Windows administration
- Knowledge in networking, databases, web, Windows 2000/2003/2008 and Linux
- Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP and Active Directory, firewalls
- Strong communication, customer-service, and project technical lead skills
- Virtualization experience a plus
What you'll be doing:
- Work as an integral part of the Network Operations Center remotely managing client’s computer networks
- Helpdesk support directly with end users
- IT Project implementation of exchange servers, AD servers, SQL servers, Terminal Servers, etc.
- Provide direct support to the business and IT staff for technologies including Symantec Backup Exec, Sonicwall Firewalls, AVG antivirus, Vipre antivirus
- Work as part of on-call rotation dealing with server monitoring and maintenance issues
What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to work with a well established, growing company!
- Excellent work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits