This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Arrow Child and Family Ministries
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/11/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
Arrow Child & Family Ministries, a National and Multi-National agency, located North of Houston, Texas, serves to advance the well-being of children, families, communities, and culture by providing an array of services and engaging the local church to promote Christian responsibility and commitment to strengthen family life.
In 1992 The Arrow Project was conceived with one vision, to ensure that children and families have access to effective and caring resources for their lives. Today, as Arrow Child & Family Ministries, our vision remains the same. We are committed to promoting and enhancing the positive growth of children and families through preventive, supportive, and therapeutic services. As a result we are seeking the following position to oversee a 40million plus budget with multiple funding streams including various government contracts and private donors
As a result we are seeking the following position:
Chief Financial Officer
Summary: The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. This position will report to the CEO.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
• Analyze financial results of agency and maintain financial statements for all companies
• Coordinate the development of annual budges with CEO, COO and program management
• Actively participate as a member of the management team and assist the CEO and other management team members in design making and strategic planning
• Forecast and manage cash flow needs and oversee treasury functions and investments
• Maintain adequate insurance coverage to protect agency’s assets and negotiate contracts with insurance agents.
• Coordinate and manage all real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leasing arrangements.
• Negotiate lines of credit and financing arrangements with lenders
• Manage relationships with investment managers and custodians.
• Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
• Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
Supervisory responsibilities: Directly supervises Controller and indirectly supervises all other accounting staff.
Qualifications: The Chief Financial Officer must possess a Masters degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA. Also must have 7 to 10 years of accounting experience and 5 or more year of management level experience at Controller or CFO equivalent position; non profit or child welfare management experience preferred.
Apply online at http://www.arrow.org/