Mission Data International
, a ministry committed to helping people take their next step in missions involvement using internet technology, is now considering candidates for the Executive Director position.By the Spring of 2011
we desire to have in place the needed leadership to take the organization to its next level of development. For the last 10 years, M-DAT has helped people find mission trips through the nationally known website ShortTermMissions.com. In addition we operate two websites geared toward mobilizing long-term missionaries.ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES:In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
1. Effectively work with the Leadership Team to make M-DAT the best provider of quality mission resources on the internet.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, ministry and financial plans that advance the cause of Christ, and carry out those plans and policies authorized by the board.
3. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and new ways in which God is working through both short and long term missions.In communications, the Executive Director will:
1. See that the board is kept informed on the condition of the ministry and all important factors influencing it so that they may wisely direct and pray.
2. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with mission organizations and the ministries that help them.
3. Network with short-term mission leaders, mission mobilizers and mission leaders to help them better appreciate and make use of M-DAT’s services.
4. Communicate clearly and effectively through print and verbal forms about M-DAT’s vision and services.In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible to oversee the recruitment of personnel, and oversee the Director of Operations in the employment, training and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
2. Encourage staff development and education, and assist them in relating their specialized work to the total program of the ministry.
3. Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
2. Work with the Director of Operations, the staff and the board in preparing a budget and see that the ministry operates within budget guidelines.
3. Raise organizational funds and develop revenue streams as necessary to ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the ministry to carry out its work.
4. Jointly with the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the ministry and execute legal documents.GOALS for the FIRST YEAR:
• To discover personal support commensurate with established income goals.
• To guide the leadership team in developing a 3-year development plan
• To get acquainted with M-DAT’s existing networks and partnershipsQUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Success at this job requires…
• Good verbal and written communication skills including excellent ability to articulate program, vision and purpose of ministry Interacting with people in person, in writing and by phone in a professional, confident, and friendly manner
• Collaborative leadership skills coupled with managerial skills
• Proven fund raising experience
• Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• A college degree or equivalent experience
• Strong internet and email skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• The ability to anticipate the needs and potential of the organization
• Self starter
• Completion of the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional Biblical Standards
All of our leadership staff raise personal support in order to work with M-DAT, and the new Executive Director would be expected to do the same.If this opportunity sounds like a situation that fits your interests
, skills and experience, please take a few minutes to learn more about M-DAT and its services through http://www.mdat.org and then go to the following urls to look over the job proposal and application: Proposal
Mission Data International
PO Box 725
Siloam Springs, AR 72761Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions:
Call David Armstrong at 479-524-9110