This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Deputy Director of Asia Ministry
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 11/10/2010
Categories: Management - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Bible League International is a Christian ministry located in the south Chicago suburb of Crete, IL. Bible League International partners with local churches worldwide, training and equipping Christians to use the Bible to make disciples and establish new churches.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a culturally minded and operationally strong individual.
As a Deputy Director of Asia Ministry, you would be partnering with the Senior Director as you work on the development and implementation of the assigned region’s strategic plans and policies, as well as help to provide administrative and operational leadership to specific members of the Regional team. You would also be assisting in the efforts of Global Ministry Innovations on a global level for all Bible League ministry countries.
This position is based in Crete, IL and will require 10%-25% international travel.
• Being a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and also agree with the Bible League International’s Statement of Faith.
• Should have cross-cultural leadership experience, with the ability to motivate and encourage people to accomplish ministry and operational objectives.
• Must be humble and teachable with a strong desire to grow people.
• Should have strong organizational skills with the ability to delegate, collaborate, and follow-up.
• Passionately committed to evangelism and church growth throughout the region, with appreciation for the people and culture.
• Must be able to be exercise discretion and work with confidential information.
• Should possess high business acumen demonstrating competency in overseeing a complex budget to achieve program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Should be highly administrative and operationally minded with the ability to implement programs with great detail and efficiency.
• Should be a confident and effective communicator, both written and verbal with public speaking ability (preferred bilingual).
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably will have completed or undertaken graduate level courses. Education will be in Theology, Ministry, and Cross-Cultural Missions or could be in Business with significant ministry experience.
• Should be a goal-oriented team player, who is comfortable working without supervision, and has the ability to take a high degree of ownership for implementing and accomplishing the strategic vision and objectives for the region.
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally taking approximately 10-25% of annual work days.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 708/367-8990.
Visit www.bibleleague.org for more information.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, Bible League International has the right to and will only hire candidates who agree with Bible League International's Statement of Faith and profess Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.