This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Event Support Coordinator
Dare 2 Share Ministries
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 11/05/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
The Event Support Coordinator (ESC) oversees travel specifically related to Dare 2 Share events (Preview, Rehearsals and Conferences). This involves coordinating for and communicating with different departments in the ministry as well as with partnering organizations and entities. In addition, this position will work heavily with contracts and data systems, assisting the Events Department and the Data Integrity Department in collection, maintenance, and reporting required data.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Work Examples and Competencies listed are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to be exhaustive.
• Book travel for D2S event travel team (with the exception of the President) at least 30-45 days before prior to event. Travel includes flight, ground transportation, hotel, per diem, etc.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the costs to confirm that the department is within budget.
• Research and help negotiate hotel contracts for event blocks. In addition, ESC will assist in monitoring and contract execution consistent with established criteria including timelines.
• Assist other departments with travel to other events (as requested).
• Follow through and collect rebates from contracted hotels, working with the Accounting Department in sending out invoices.
• Create, update and maintain city sheet information to provide conference attendees with most up-to-date information D2S can provide.
• Monitor the Event Department calendar on SharePoint and communicate execution dates to all parties involved.
• Assist the Volunteer Coordinator to assure provision of up-to-date data in the Volunteer Data System through data entry and working with different data forms and systems.
• Assist the Data Integrity Department in data entry, reporting and updating information, especially that which pertains to the Events Department (other projects will be approved by Event Manager upon request)
• Contribute to the outreach program, volunteer program, and coordination of logistics as requested.
• Develop an intermediate mastery of Microsoft project software and contribute to various project plans as needed.
• File and maintain confidential original copies of all ministry contracts.
• Assist the Event Manager with other logistical projects.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Including formal education if applicable)
• Detail-oriented is a must
• Strong customer service perspective
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Excel is a must; Access is a plus
• Proficient and comfortable in working with different types of data systems
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with different personalities with patience yet firmness
• Presents clear and accurate data reports
• Strong character and spiritually mature
• Ability to follow and execute formal procedures and procedural documentation
• Effective team-worker with the ability to coordinate diverse activities
• High level of confidentiality
• Accouting experience is a plus
• Data entry is a plus
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Collection of earned rebates within 30 days of conference event
• Clear communication to travelers (except president) of travel aspects for event
• Timely and accurate maintainance of data system especially the Volunteer Data System
• Present accurate, clear and concise data reports from the Volunteer Data System
• Organized filing of confidential ministry contracts
The applicant chosen for this position must have no reservations about the Dare 2 Share Ministries (D2S) “Statement of Faith”, must fully support the expressed purpose of D2S, must be prepared to exercise and model the core values expressed by the ministry and must agree to abide in all respects with the D2S code of conduct for event participation.
Dare 2 Share Ministries is a Christian non-profit organization located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. We are seeking a strong Christian with solid professional skills for the Event Support Coordinator position in our Event Logistics Department. For the right individual this will represent an opportunity to use your skills to help advance THE Cause.
The Event Support Coordinator (ESC) oversees travel specifically related to Dare 2 Share events (Preview, Rehearsals and Conferences). This involves coordinating for and communicating with different departments in the ministry as well as with partnering organizations and entities. In addition, this position will work heavily with contracts and data systems, assisting the Events Department and the Data Integrity Department in collection, maintenance, and reporting required data. This is an full-time hourly paid position.
If you are interested in applying for this position please take the following steps:
• Read the full Job Description that can be found on this web site
• Click on “Watch a short video from Greg about jobs at D2S” that can be found on www.dare2share.org under the “ABOUT” tab.
• Submit your current RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Complete the PHONE SCREENING by calling 303-425-1606 and enter extension #242
o This extension will provide a recorded message with additional information for your consideration
o You will be given three questions and asked to answer within 2 1/2 minutes
o Be sure to leave your name and a phone number in your message
Applicants who do not submit resume AND complete the phone screening will NOT be considered for this position.