This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music Ministry
Medway Community Church
Medway, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 10/28/2010
Categories: Church Staff - Music Ministry
Job Type: Part-Time
Director of Music Ministries
Medway Community Church, Medway, MA
A reformed, congregational church established in 1751
Vibrant church is seeking a leader to provide God-centered, Christ-exalting music that ministers to the church body and is performed with excellence in accordance with our church’s mission statement: “Our vision is to be a Christian community, joyful and passionate in our pursuit of God and in our relationships with one another, as we share with the world the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ”.
In collaboration with the pastoral staff, the Director of Music Ministries will choose and lead hymns, songs, and instrumental pieces for Sunday worship services. Reporting directly to the Senior Pastor, the Director will provide supervision and oversight of music staff and all aspects of music ministry. Other duties may include leading adult and/or children’s choirs, handbell or chime groups, worship team, youth praise band, etc. as abilities allow. This is a 12 month, salaried, part-time (20-30 hour/week) position. Flexible schedule must include Wednesday morning staff meeting and Sunday morning worship.
The Successful Candidate must:
• Have a vital relationship with Jesus Christ, showing evidence of this through the practice of spiritual disciplines, dependence on the Holy Spirit, and the exhibition of spiritual fruit
• Clearly articulate a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, and evidence a joyful heart in serving Him
• Be energetic and outgoing
• Proactively seek to develop strong personal relationships within the music ministry and the wider congregation
• Possess knowledge of theologically rich music appropriate for “blended” worship including traditional and modern hymns and contemporary praise music. Must be comfortable with various musical styles, ministering to a range of individuals and generations and utilizing various instrumentations (organ, guitar, drum, keyboard, etc.).
• Demonstrate proficiency on keyboard
• Ability to play pipe organ (Austin, beautifully maintained)
• Experience with choir direction (adult and/or children’s)
• Willingness to start and/or lead a praise group/band
• Provide leadership coordinating “special” worship services such as Thanksgiving, Maundy Thursday, and Christmas Eve
• Assist with one to two outreach/evangelism events each year including a Christmas production
• Coordinate use of electronic resources (microphones, PowerPoint slides, etc) with the A/V team
• Explore and implement ways for using church musicians and vocalists in worship services as well as other outreach opportunities
• Provide music for weddings and funerals as needed
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com