This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 10/27/2010
Categories: Church Staff - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
The Family Pastor is responsible for ministry to the spiritual and emotional needs of the congregation through providing accurate and anointed scriptural counsel, assisting with the design and implementation of family discipleship, and managing an effective pastoral care ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides pastoral counseling and care to the congregation.
2. Oversees pastoral care ministries of the church including hospital visitation and shut-in ministry. Plans, implements plans and trains workers/volunteers or the pastoral care area of ministry.
3. Leads auxiliaries or small group ministry as assigned to support ministry to the family.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. A bachelor or master level degree in pastoral counseling, counseling psychology or clinical psychology.
2. Knowledge of theology, bible studies, counseling skills, comparative religions, canonical law, and church practices. General understanding of human behavior and the health care field is desirable. Anointed application and sharing of the Word and knowledge.
3. Ability to handle confidential issues with integrity and discretion.
4. Results-oriented, strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to forge strong relationships and facilitate effective ministry.
5. A person of mature Christian experience and knowledge with a testimony to an experience of the "new birth." Fully subscribe to the Tenets of Faith as set forth in the Constitution and adopted by the Church.
6. Committed to supporting the Church through tithes and offerings according to Scripture.
7. Five years minimum ministry experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
8. Licensed or ordained minister.