This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 12/19/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1938, Bible League International (BLI) is an evangelical ministry that is called by God to provide Scriptures and training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into fellowship with Christ and His Church.
The Opportunity & Vision
If you are driven by sharing what the Lord has done over the phone with Partners, you will find this to be an exciting opportunity. The Fundraising Associate (Partner Relations Associate) raises money for the support of the ministry of Bible League International (BLI) from individuals, churches, and businesses. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with partners and potential partners by utilizing God-honoring practices that encourage biblical stewardship. You will cultivate these relationships utilizing the Relationship Cycle. As a Partner Relations Associate (PRA), you will work within a team structure and achieve fundraising results within a specified territory or constituency.
This position is based in Crete, IL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Articulate effectively the vision, mission, identity, services and funding needs of BLI to selected individuals, churches, and businesses in order to build the territory.
2. Secure financial support for the work of BLI by utilizing the moves management cultivation strategy (identify, research, communicate, involve, ask, thank, report) in working with partners within the assigned territory.
3. Articulate effectively a “stewardship theology” that ministers to the partner and helps them to recognize and fulfill their role as stewards of God’s resources.
4. Meet or exceed the performance standards as outlined in the personalized Performance Measures document. This includes meeting annual goals for dollars raised, developing new donors, retaining donors, and asking for appropriate gifts.
5. Identify and follow-up on opportunities to present BLI to new potential partners to ensure growth in ministry support within the territory. Networking capabilities are extremely important for growth of income.
6. PRA will have the ability to successfully retain their partnership, and to increase their giving levels.
7. Create a moves management cultivation plan for all donors within the territory using the Caseload Manager Tool in our database. This plan will include a detailed moves management cultivation plan for all donors that give revenue from the assigned territory, as well as for prospects, meeting goals for an increasing number of successful responses each year. The plan will include strategies and benchmarks for upgrading giving levels and requesting and receiving gifts. Identification of each donor’s giving capacity, cultivating to appropriate levels and retaining donors are key to success.
8. Participate in approved public events, conferences, marketing/PR, partner vision trips, and other opportunities to expand the donors’ connection to the mission and vision of BLI.
• • Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
• Possess a minimum of 2 years of successful fundraising experience for a nonprofit or charitable organization, or equivalent experience in a related field such as field sales or territory management.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of fundraising as a stewardship ministry.
• Displays competency in the core competencies necessary to fulfill the position:
- Ability to focus on learning the ministry and finding needs to share with donors to be able to communicate clearly and effectively the mission, vision and daily ministry of BLI
- Ability to discern and identify donor interest and capacity and present a vision of ministry that matches and raises those interests and capacity
- Ability to cultivate relationships with partners that lead to increasing levels of interest, involvement and investment
- Ability to articulate clear, direct requests for financial support
- Ability to request and encourage referrals from current partners that will lead to new partner involvement and investment in ministry
• Tolerant of varying theological viewpoints, and able to view all believers as brothers and sisters in Christ.
• Familiarity with the Bible and use of literature in evangelism.
• Working knowledge of Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
• Occasional travel required (less than 10%).
Please visit www.bibleleague.org for more information about the ministry.
Resume and Cover Letter may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 708/367-8990.
Bible League International
ATTN: Human Capital
3801 Eagle Nest Drive
Crete, IL 60417