This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Life Pastor
Silverdale Baptist Church
Bremerton, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 10/06/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
- Completed SBC Application (Can be found on our website)
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of Ministry Philosophy
- At least 5 references
- Audio and/or video of you teaching or leading
To expand and give leadership to a network of community building opportunities.
- Self motivated, big picture leader
- Outgoing, builds relationships easily
- Easily draws people toward a destination
- Administratively capable
- Spiritual Gifts: Shepherding, Leadership, Encouragement, Teaching, Hospitality, Mercy
- Proven leadership ability to create an effective leadership team and build a vibrant and growing community life ministry
- Meet SBC’s hiring standards of Character, Competency, Chemistry and Courage
- Works primarily with the Senior Pastor.
- Primarily accountable to the Senior Pastor and secondarily to the Executive Pastor.
- Cast Vision, expand and improve the processes and programs for integrating people into community life and spiritual maturity.
- Continually evaluate every connecting mechanism, always working to infuse creativity and relevance in order to improve and increase connectivity.
- Greatly expand the number, style, diversity, location and nature of a small groups ministry.
- Create a sustainable structure that emphasizes the core component of “doing life together” for small groups, counseling,
discipleship, education and mentoring ministries.
- Keep open lines of communication with office, pastoral staff, elected leadership and ministry leaders.
- Participate in written evaluations at least one time per year.
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform all components of the job description.
- The accountability is maintained through regular, personal meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- Fulfills the biblical qualifications for church leadership (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
- Agrees completely with Silverdale Baptist Church’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Doctrinal Statement.
- Possesses a “God’s Kingdom” / big picture perspective.
- Possesses a broad knowledge related to small group, discipleship, mentoring, assimilation and community building
- While being a self-confident person, is also seen by those close to him as humble and having a servant's attitude.
- Inspires and empowers church staff and volunteers.
- Shares authority easily.
- Has genuine warmth and people enjoy being around him; is sensitive to others and never offensive.
- Naturally coaches, mentors and disciples others.
- Has a high level of energy, yet balances long hours with the time he needs for his own walk with God, appropriate time for his
family, and personal time for refreshment and diversion.
- Is a spiritual example, privately and corporately, in his prayer life, Biblical study, and personal behavior.
- Is open to change, wants to improve and grow, and wants others to as well; teachable spirit.
- Possesses the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to exercise tact, discretion, judgment and patience in personal contacts.
- Able to work independently, initiate and prioritize workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- Able to work with and take direction from diverse staff and membership.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to a college degree with at least three years related experience.
- Demonstrate professionalism through his appearance, attitude and loyalty.
- Familiar with general computer skills. Able to operate Microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint, publisher).
- Understands that by becoming an employee of Silverdale Baptist Church, he / she submits their personal preferences and
expectations as secondary to the needs of the overall church ministry.