This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Residential Services
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2010
Categories: Health Care - Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Residential Services
Salary Range: Negotiable
Reports To: CEO
Prepared Date: 8/14/2010
Motivated by Christ’s love, the Director of Services is responsible for the efficient operation of the Residential Care Program, including the development of policies and procedures, leadership, direction of the residential staff team and the monitoring of the program and services provided. The residential program will ensure a safe, secure, nurturing environment for all children during their stay at StreetLight. The Director of Residential Services also establishes and maintains key, meaningful and useful relationships within the child welfare, corrections, law enforcement, juvenile justice systems and the faith community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS: Develop and maintain strategic relationships within the community and justice system that position Streetlight as a viable option for the care of child victims of sex slavery and trafficking.
PROGRAM: Design, implement, and maintain programs that meet the physical, spiritual, emotional, educational and social needs of victims.
1. Oversee the intake, nutritional, education, life skills and medical programs;
2. Create and oversee a program for reintegration of residents back into the community;
3. Responsible for the daily management of the Life House residential shelter, to ensure organization, safety/security, and cleanliness measures are maintained;
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITES
1. Responsible for the overall coordination of all aspects of this program.
2. Responsible for the development and implement procedures and protocol for efficient program functioning and utilization.
3. Insures the program follows agency guidelines and policies, monitors staff and records to insure compliance.
4. Responsible for assigned personnel activities within this program including but not limited to
a. Interview and selection of employees
b. Assists in the evaluation of employee performance evaluation
c. Provides supervision as assigned
5. Attends and participates in agency related meetings and trainings as appropriate.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Supervises and evaluates Program Supervisor and Direct Care Team Supervisor
2. Meets regularly with the CEO for individual supervision
3. Participates in team meetings, committees and trainings as appropriate.
4. Participates in continuing education and training especially related to the area of child sex slavery.
• Master’s Degree in social work or related area of study from an accredited school and has at least 5years of experience in child welfare services.
• Must possess a valid Arizona Drivers License and have an acceptable driving record
• Proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint
• Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.