Children’s Hunger Fund (CHF) is an evangelical Christian non-profit organization founded in 1991. The mission of CHF is to alleviate the suffering of children by equipping God’s Church to communicate the Gospel through effective compassion ministry.
In consultation with Executive Director, Resource Development (RD), sets strategies, goals, and ensures effective ongoing implementation for acquisition of resources, whether purchased or donated/gifts-in-kind (GIK), for local and/or international distribution through CHF’s Mercy Network churches. Develops current and new corporate and church relationships for resource acquisition. Coaches and mentors direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop strategy for acquisition of resources to meet ministry distribution needs through local and/or international Mercy Networks. Requires coordinated communication with Ministry Development Directors and consultation with Executive Director, RD.
• Set activity and productivity goals for self and direct reports in support of acquisition strategy, including development of new church and corporate relationships.
• Consulting with Executive Director, RD and Communications & Marketing Director as needed, create promotional campaigns to further develop the GIK network, whether through conference participation, mailings, etc.
• Coach and mentor team members in the acquisition process; ensure they have the necessary training, resources and encouragement to pursue their activity and productivity goals.
• Hold team members accountable for their responsibilities; conduct periodic activity review meetings to assess progress; conduct performance reviews.
• Lead the team by example in the accomplishment of activity/productivity goals, developing new contacts and relationships, maintaining and fostering current church and corporate relationships, exercising grace and discernment in the conduct of all responsibilities.
• Ensure effective organizational communications between team member and other departments such as Operations (including Distribution and Logistics) and Ministry Development.
• Run various reports from Raiser’s Edge in order to measure activity/results and report to Executive Management as requested.
• Travel periodically in state and out of state for such reasons as resource acquisition relationship development, participation in conferences, and interaction with direct reports in other office locations.
• Participate with Executive Director, RD in developing and monitoring team budget; hire staff as approved.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Occasionally attend and assist with donor and volunteer events.
• Direct reports: Resource Development Coordinators in CHF’s various U.S. office locations.
• Received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
• Demonstrated spiritual growth and maturity
• Active in a local church for the last consecutive three years and continuing
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Prior leadership role in a non-profit ministry organization is strongly preferred
• Successful professional procurement, sales and/or telemarketing experience is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written business communications skills
• Ability to lead, coach, motivate and assess a distributed team (team members in multiple locations)
• Ability to speak publicly and organize events
• Computer literate and proficient, able to quickly learn new software applications
• Proven ability to develop church and/or corporate relationships for the acquisition of donated or purchased products
• MS Office (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word); Internet; Raiser’s Edge (preferred); Windows (shared files)
• Occasionally lifts under 50 lbs
• Able to remain in a stationary position, seated or standing, at least 50% of the time
• Moves around inside the office occasionally to access file cabinets and utilize office machinery
• Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a telephone, copy machine and printer
• Able to exchange accurate information verbally and in writing constantly
• Computer, printer, fax, copier, scanner, telephone
• Office work environment, public venues such as conference centers, churches, possibly private homes
Interested Parties refer to our Employment Opportunities on our Website Please Email from our site your Cover Letter and resume using this link Children's Hunger Fund (paste them in the message box) or Fax them to 818-899-9552 with a cover page indicating the position you are interested in applying for. If you submit your information through our website, we will send you an email confirming we received it. No phone calls regarding employment please.
However, due to the number of inquiries and submissions we receive for employment, we are unable to respond to follow up requests. Please understand that we greatly appreciate your interest in working at CHF and we are truly grateful for your support. We pray that God would bless you in your job search and endeavors to serve Him and bring glory to His name.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Hospitality Operations SupervisorZion Mountain Ranch
- Mount Carmel, Utah
- November 28
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- November 25
Children's Hunger Fund
Children’s Hunger Fund (CHF) has practiced gospel-centered mercy ministry for more than twenty-five years. We are grateful that 97% of every donation to CHF—over 1 billion dollars in food and other aid since 1991—goes to support programs that serve suffering children, across America and around the world.More...