Lead a comprehensive major donor development program (targeted at donors giving level of $5,000 and higher in annual giving) that identifies, engages, ministers to, develops, and grows current and potential major donors. An essential part of the position will be to build the major donor development program, increase the involvement of donors, and increase the total major donor contributions. This position is located in the South East region of the United States (near Atlanta, GA), and works closely with the Development team in the FWM Irvine office. The Major Donor Development Officer – South East Regional Representative will report directly to the Executive Director.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and recognizing new major donors
• Maintain the integrity of donor relationships and maintain correspondence
• Create a major donor development program targeted toward the South East region of the U.S.
• Establish a presence for FWM in the South East region of the United States
• Recommend prospects and solicit for new major donor gifts
• Work with Development team to track donor activity through fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge)
• Ensure that fund development is carried out in keeping with FWM’s mission, vision, and values
• Motivate and energize board members to participate in major donor fundraising activities
• Manage donor campaigns and other development team projects
• Coordinate mission trip teams for donors and volunteers
• Available to travel to local and regional events for fund development purposes
• Participate in staff development and fundraising events
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned in support of daily job duties by direct supervisor
• Share the message of Free Wheelchair Mission and our visionExperience Required
• Three to five years in major donor fundraising
• Familiarity with missionary organizations or disabilities beneficial
• Experience in the non-profit or philanthropic sectors highly desirable
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S. / B.A.)Knowledge and Critical Skills:
• Ability to identify, acquire and steward gifts from individuals and groups
• Outstanding verbal, written, and e-mail communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and work as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact diplomatically with diverse donors and groups
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and proficiency in using computer software; experience with Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
• Willingness and available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Must meet agency conditions for employmentABOUT FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) is an international, faith-based, non-profit organization based in Irvine, California. Our mission is to “Transform lives through the gift of mobility to the physically disabled poor in developing countries as motivated by Jesus Christ”. Our vision is to “To creatively partner with like-minded international humanitarian and indigenous organizations to place 20 million wheelchairs”. Free Wheelchair Mission has grown rapidly since its beginning in 2001, and has shipped over 430,000 wheelchairs to over 70 countries all over the world.
Free Wheelchair Mission is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. This position of Major Donor Development Officer - South East Region Representative is employed “at will” by Free Wheelchair Mission. Compensation:
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.How to Apply:
Please send cover letter addressing your experience with regard to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, and resume with work and volunteer experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Major Donor Development Officer - South East Region Representative” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. For more information visit our website to view our CURRENT OPENINGS