This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Advancement
Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/16/2010
Categories: Fundraising - Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
Asheville Christian Academy is seeking a qualified and energetic professional for the position of Director of Advancement who will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive development program with particular attention to major gift fundraising, marketing (i.e. growing enrollment), alumni relations, and initiating and nurturing relationships with families, community leaders and institutions in Western North Carolina and beyond. Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement personally manages a portfolio of major donors and oversees a team of staff, outside partners, and volunteer leaders working to secure continually-increasing gift income, cultivating current and potential donors, promoting a broader understanding of Asheville Christian Academy and its ministry. This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of the advancement and marketing efforts of a Christian not-for-profit organization, a demonstrated commitment to Christian Education, and a track record of prior fundraising success.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in philanthropy, business, or another related field and/or five years of experience in development, marketing, sales, capital campaigns and/or management.
• Proven ability to develop and articulate compelling communications to a variety of audiences.
• An exemplary personal testimony and relationship with Jesus Christ as demonstrated by being an active member of an evangelical church and mature knowledge of the Scriptures and the Gospel.
• Agreement with the by-laws, mission, philosophy, strategic goals, and Statement of Faith of Asheville Christian Academy.
ABOUT ASHEVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
For more than 50 years Asheville Christian Academy has been a place where educators work hand in hand with families to cultivate curious and nimble young minds -- focusing those minds on challenging academic pursuits and, more importantly, on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and on the application of the Word of God in all realms of curricular and co-curricular learning. Located just outside of Asheville, North Carolina amidst the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, the surrounding region offers a wide range of outdoor activities including mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking, and camping in some of the most beautiful areas of the country. The quality of life in Asheville is outstanding, with a very diverse and thriving cultural community, a mild climate, beautiful scenery, low crime, low unemployment, two universities and many colleges nearby, and diverse housing markets. Asheville Christian Academy is an interdenominational K-12 school of approximately 550 students located on a beautiful 52 acre campus in the Swannanoa valley. ACA is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). For more information about ACA visit www.ACAcademy.org.
Email submissions are preferred.
To submit a cover letter and resumé, or for a full job description, contact our Executive Search Consultant:
Derric G. Bakker, President
Keystone Consulting Services LLC
Office: 828-667-5180 Mobile: 616-706-4900