This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Development
AnyUSCity, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 09/02/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Project AmaZon (PAZ) represents a powerful movement in church-planting and world-changing. The vision of Project AmaZon is to plant 100,000 churches - 1,000 by 2014 - concentrating on the unreached Amazon Basin and moving out to all of Brazil and the world.
In order to provide the financial resources required to fulfill our mission, PAZ seeks a talented, prayerful Director of Development to cultivate relationships with current and potential donors, and with partner churches and foundations.
• In collaboration with PAZ leadership and fundraising consultants, develop short and long-range funding strategies and plans to ensure that PAZ is properly funded to accomplish its mission and strategic objectives.
• Implement annual fundraising plans to raise the organizational budget by deepening and broadening the base of support from individual and institutional (church and foundation) donors. Implementation will include, among other activities:
• Traveling to meet donors in person;
• Ongoing communication by phone and correspondence with donors;
• Developing new relationships through referrals and introductions by current constituents;
• Following up with contacts made by other PAZ team members;
• Research and development of proposals for institutional donors likely to support PAZ;
• Support of PAZ team and Board members in nurturing their donor relationships; and
• Formal reporting to constituents in general, and specifically to major donors and institutional grantors.
• Supervise the creation and evolution of communication initiatives necessary to support fund development strategies, including but not limited to online tools (web and social networking), organization communication pieces, mailings, etc.
• Build and maintain an ever-growing database of constituent data captured from speaking and educational events, as well as from proactive “data mining” activities; implement strategies to communicate with these constituents to increase financial support.
• Develop recognition programs to thank donors, communicate how their gifts are being invested and to share how their financial partnership with PAZ changes lives.
• Minimum of three years experience working with a successful fund development team;
• Substantial exposure to the process by which sincere relationships are developed with potential donors and converted into financial support;
• Exposure to Christian ministry service as a staff member or volunteer;
• Experience in the development of effective communication strategies and tools for a variety of donor constituencies; and
• Experience relating skillfully and sensitively to the evangelical church community.
• Demonstrated skill at public speaking and the capacity to communicate effectively PAZ’s mission and work;
• Professional maturity and relational skills that translate into effective relationships with church partners, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Confidence and poise in making direct donor request for financial support;
• Exceptional written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail;
• Mature orthodox Christian faith and agreement with PAZ’s Statement of Faith
(see www.projectamazon.org/the-mission/beliefs ).
• Confident, yet humble
• Efficient planner
• Creative and proactive problem solver
• Active listener
• Honest and transparent
• Positive and hopeful
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skill level.
Significant (40%) domestic travel required, particularly within the mid-west. Some international travel to Brazil will be required.
The Director of Development will work from a home office from anywhere in the United States with easy access to a major airport. PAZ will provide the home office tools and services required.
For more information about PAZ, please visit www.ProjectAmaZon.org
To download a pdf version of the position description, please see http://tiny.cc/DirDev
To apply, please send the following materials to PAZJobs@gmail.com:
1. Cover Letter (required)
3. Short professional writing sample of 2-5 pages in length, such as a professional correspondence, proposal, or article.