Mount Hermon Association, Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic and creative Food Service Manager to lead the operation of the Food & Dining department.
This is a demanding, exciting and rewarding ministry arena, preparing over 250,000 high quality meals per year and providing highly relational, guest-focused dining services. Goals are to further improve and enhance a well-functioning Food & Dining department toward quality of service and ministry effectiveness.General Qualifications
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon’s mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Of strong moral character and integrity.Broad Responsibilities
• Coordinate the selection, training, development and evaluation of employees and managers in the Food & Dining department.
• Lead by example in team environment where the team’s input is valued and incorporated into effective strategies and innovative services.
• Work closely with the Guest Services Director and Conference staff in providing flexible and creative food and dining services to a variety of clientele.
• Ensure that the Mount Hermon culture and standards are met and maintained through effective management and leadership.
• Design effective menus and refreshment options while ensuring excellent product quality.
• Manage the delivery of quality food and beverage in a variety styles and venues, i.e. banquets, buffets, barbecues, off-site catering, etc.
• Monitor productivity – control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing, policy making and inventory control, while focusing on quality and revenue generation solutions.
• Maintain compliance with all government safety and sanitation standards.
• To be visible in the operation, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new guests. Special Qualifications
• Passion for culinary excellence. At least five years of high-volume restaurant or institutional food service management experience, producing and presenting very high quality food
• Bachelors degree or equivalent – preferably in business or hospitality management
• Possess strong interpersonal skills – personable and able to motivate, train, cross-train and develop a team of 50 plus employees. Comfortable interacting with staff, management at all levels, and with guests.
• Proficient with computers and culinary systems, ability to learn new systems.
• Creative and collaborative, able to function effectively in team environment, with good judgment and decision making abilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Organized and detailed systems thinker, yet agile and flexible.
• Ability to function calmly and effectively in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish (desirable)Compensation
• Competitive salary
• Staff housing available at affordable cost
• Excellent health, dental and life insurance coverage
• Generous vacation policies
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Beautiful mountain/redwood setting, less than 10 miles from Monterey Bay Application and Timeline
• Contact Mount Hermon Human Resources to request Application and Reference Forms
• Submit complete application packet: application, resume, and references by no later than September 25, 2010.Email: email@example.com Phone: 831.430.1229 for more information, thank you.