CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR- NEW YORK CITY RESCUE MISSION The Capital Campaign Director’s role
is to oversee the New York City Rescue Mission’s (NYCRM) Campaign. The Director will report to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on the status of the Campaign and specific significant gifts being pursued or secured. The Capital Campaign Director will attend and participate in major campaign events related to prospect cultivation, volunteer training and kickoff event.
• Lead Campaign
The Capital Campaign Director will work with the executive director, outside Capital Campaign counsel and fundraising staff in assessing the status of the Campaign and monitor their activities to ensure timely campaign progression. Preside at Campaign meetings and provide overall leadership and supervision of the plan of Campaign, Campaign timetable, strategies, activities, and policies.
• Cultivate and solicit of gifts for the Campaign
The Capital Campaign Director will cultivate and solicit gifts for the effort. The fundraising staff will assist in all key solicitations, provide background materials, Campaign details and coordinate scheduling. Will enlist an appropriate number of qualified Pacesetter Gifts and Major Gifts. Lead and participate in prospect review and the confidential identification and evaluation of prospects. Solicit, where appropriate, first-tier prospects.
• Review status of Campaign and suggest strategies for improvement
The Capital Campaign Director will be provided with all necessary documents concerning fundraising activity and goal attainment. Particular emphasis will be placed on lead gifts for the Campaign. Will be expected to offer suggestions and improvements in the fundraising methods employed by NYCRM. Will periodically report on campaign issues and progress to the Executive Director and Board.
• Act as an advocate
The Capital Campaign Director will act as an advocate in the public community and in the private community of NYCRM and will partner with the executive director and fundraising staff in promoting the mission of the NYCRM and the goals of the NYCRM Campaign.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the New York City Rescue Mission (NYCRM) and recognize that the success of the Capital Campaign is essential to fulfill and expand the mission of NYCRM and create a stronger environment for future major gift fund-raising.
• Experience and knowledge of major donor fundraising essential.
• Experience and knowledge of Capital Campaign leadership essential. Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Master’s Degree preferred. Email cover letter and resume to Charles Mendez at email@example.com or mail to:
NEW YORK CITY RESCUE MISSION
P.O. BOX 275, CANAL STREET STATION
NEW YORK, NY 10013-0275