This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Baptist Church Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 08/21/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
I. Position Summary
The Web Designer is responsible for the creation of design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for the FBA Website and for department websites. This position creates high-end Web design components such as Web page wireframes and graphics, as well as translates and extends interdepartmental concepts into effective interactive, community-building functionality. The Web Designer will have a passion for design in all media.
II. Essential Functions:
1. Create visual concepts that match the content and the image desired by unique departments and internal ministries, yet fit with FBA and Dr. Stanley’s image; ensure that sites are easy to navigate
2. Contributing to the creation of interactive design concepts through participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating team sessions
3. Minimizing page size and utilizing unique design and concepts to ensure functionality among and between browsers, interfaces, and bandwidth speeds
4. Designing interactive page layouts, emails, photo retouching and enhancements, vector artwork, and flash animation
5. Maintaining high quality on creative and presentation deliverables
6. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
Bachelor’s degree or the demonstrable equivalent in work experience
Strong design portfolio with five (5) plus year’s design and interactive work experience preferred
uperior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets
Expert level knowledge of the latest versions of Web design software including Adobe CS3, Macromedia Studio 8, etc.
A solid understanding of interactivity and the Web
Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Media Encoder, various FTP clients
Design original graphics for the web
Knowledge of the Joomla CMS Platform, its structure, extensions, customization, as well as identification and solution of problems.
Knowledge of configuration web servers and MySQL Databases
Work with audio and video content for the web
Ability to train others to use the web resources
High level of interpersonal skills associated with the ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas while actively contributing to project team rapport
An extraordinary customer service commitment to responsiveness and customer satisfaction
Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure while meeting deadlines with careful attention to detail, the ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards, self motivated, organized and accountable
Superior verbal and written communication skills (grammar, writing and editing) as well as presentation skills required
Ability to research and analyze various types of data with the ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)