Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. Salem Communications Tampa is looking for a well organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical production and generation of show content for our live, local afternoon drive program.
• Ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, energetic, and displays professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company.
• Must have Adobe Audition experience as well as prior experience working with digital audio control boards, ISDN lines, XDS and Starguide Satellite Receivers. Knowledge of Salem’s Rivendell Automation System is a plus.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have basic computer skills
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Role and Responsibilities:
• Researches, schedules, and books guests for our 2 hour daily live afternoon drive program
• Works with the host to produce daily topical promos for the afternoon drive program
• Maintains daily journal of guests and topics/issues addressed during the program.
• Maintains audio archives of show
• Produces a one hour “Best Of” weekly program
• Must become familiar with the operations of two additional stations in order to keep all stations on the air and operating smoothly
• As a part of the daily shift, the ideal candidate will also be asked to record and insert various voice tracked elements into the automation system for one of the radio stations in a 4 station cluster unit
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• High school diploma
• 5 years experience in the radio industry is preferred.
If you posess these qualities and Salem sounds like the company for you please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.