FaithBridge Foster Care
Atlanta, GeorgiaA Christ-centered, tax-exempt corporation intent on changing U.S. foster care is seeking a Family Counselor.
FaithBridge Foster Care works with the local church to solve and take ownership of its community’s foster care crisis. FaithBridge partners with local churches to create independent foster care ministries around a small group model, called the Community of Care, which provides foster families with unparalleled support and resources. This relationship-enhanced model scales to create local foster family capacity with built-in stability and quality, bringing children and families together in a safe, loving community.Primary Responsibilities
The Family Counselor will provide providing counseling services to FaithBridge children and families. In this role, the counselor will provide the following:
• Complete children and family assessments upon placement into foster families
• Deliver pre-certification training as part of a team
• Synchronize pre-certification training and follow-up in house counseling that use the same strategies and techniques
• Conduct in-house Foster Family Counseling Sessions.
• Coach Family Consultants as part of the team to provide family intervention to prevent placement disruptions
• Coach Family Consultants to provide 24/7 phone consultation
• In home crisis intervention with foster familiesQualifications
• Christian believer and active in a local Christian church
• Strong belief in the biblical value of marriage and family
• Foundation in biblical Christian counseling and family systems theory
• State or National LPC certification
• Masters degree in Counseling required
• Minimum of five years experienceHOW TO APPLY:Interested and qualified applicants may submit the following documents to:Eugene Cozonac, Search Consultant at Eugene@theawpgroup.comEugene@theawpgroup.com
• Cover Letter that briefly addresses the qualifications listed above
• Statement of Faith describing the applicant’s Christian faith and how they integrate faith and service in a family foster care environment.
• Pastoral Recommendation