Open Hearts Ministry Mission: We minister to the wounded and equip others to do the same.
is the Chief Executive Officer of Open Hearts Ministry and reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives in conjunction
with directing and organizing fundraising efforts.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
• Assure that Open Hearts Ministry has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
• Direct all phases of administration, including budget and resource management, marketing, fundraising and communications.
• Provide oversight of active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of Open Hearts Ministry’s work.
• Provide oversight to the maintenance of official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
• Be the primary fund raiser for the organization.
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
• Work with the staff and Finance Committee in preparing a budget, and see that the Ministry operates within budget.
• Jointly, with the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the Ministry, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
• See that the board is kept regularly informed of factors influencing Open Hearts Ministry.
• Represent OHM, its programs, goals, and activities to the general public.
• Establish sound working partnerships with community groups and organizations.
• Develop and maintain relationships with donors to increase their commitment to supporting Open Hearts Ministry.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
• Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
• Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource policies are enforced.
• Build an effective management team.
• Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
• Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff.
In candidate profile, the Executive Director will:
Be a passionate follower of Jesus. Has a passion for helping people learn to love their story.
• Be a passionate follower of Jesus
• Has a passion for helping people learn to love their story
• Have proven fundraising experience.
• Be an effective communicator.
• Have demonstrated integrity.
Position is based in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Submit your confidential resume to