This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Director for Advancement
Alford Group Executive Search
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/15/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Executive Director for Advancement
Evangelical Covenant Church
Founded in 1885, The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is a rapidly growing, multi-generational, multi-ethnic denomination of churches with 800 congregations in the United States and Canada with ministry partnerships in nearly 40 countries on five continents. The ECC sponsors a number of affiliated ministries including hospitals, retirement communities, and North Park University and Theological Seminary. The Covenant offices are located in Chicago.
The Executive Director for Advancement is a newly created position that will be responsible for building, leading, coordinating and managing all aspects of the Evangelical Covenant Church’s individual-focused philanthropic programming (exclusive of affiliated institutions such as North Park University). This new position presents a unique opportunity for an individual of faith to combine many talents to build a pace-setting denominational model of fund raising that will become a leading example for the benefit of other groups as well.
Essential functions will include:
- Conceive and implement an appropriate fundraising model for the ECC
- Effectively build and engage a pool of prospects, that, over time, will become significant supporters and investors in the work of the church.
- Recruit, organize and lead advancement staff and volunteer leaders
- Function as a member of the ECC’s senior management team
The ECC seeks a visionary and strategic professional with demonstrated success in building a fundraising program, preferably in a faith-based environment. An ideal candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in soliciting major gifts from individuals, staff development and planning and resource management. A passion for the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church is essential.
The successful candidate will have a/an:
- Committed to an active Christian faith life; ability to fully support the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church; agreement to become a member of a Covenant Church, if not currently one.
- Minimum eight years of experience and a proven track record in major gift/planned gifts initiatives, annual and campaign fundraising, and administrative planning.
- Minimum of four years in leadership and a supervisory position with the proven ability to build, lead, mentor, and manage an organization/department.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and CFRE preferred.
- Proven expertise in taking initiative, building and maintaining strong rapport and positive relationships with various constituencies.
- Collaborative, friendly and approachable nature with enthusiasm, drive and motivation to fulfill ECC’s mission.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to serve as a lead spokesperson for the institution when needed.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Ability to work outside standard work hours and to travel locally and nationally; a current driver’s license is required.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, CFRE, President and COO, Alford Group Executive Search. Interested candidates should apply online at http://ag-es.kintera.org/applicant.
Questions may be addressed to Claire Waiksnoris at email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.