This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Life Services
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 07/10/2010
Categories: Human Resources - Volunteer Positions
Job Type: Part-Time
Family Life Services (FLS), a growing nonprofit Christian ministry located at 1880 S. Cascade in Colorado Springs, has an immediate opening for a Volunteer Coordinator. The mission of Family Life Services is to provide single parents and their children with spiritual and emotional healing through counseling, mentoring and training in a secure environment. Currently we provide a transitional resident program for mothers and children and outpatient counseling for people in the community. You can learn more about the ministry of FLS by visiting our web site at www.flscs.org. Please note that this a volunteer position.
General Summary and Objectives
The Volunteer Coordinator plans, organizes, and oversees volunteer programs and the services provided by Family Life Services, (FLS). The Volunteer Coordinator works with key FLS employees to assure that the volunteers are recruited, scheduled for training and supported; that all programs are of the highest quality possible and consistent with the mission and vision of FLS; and that resident families are served with respect and dignity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the recruitment of volunteers, including work groups, children’s programming volunteers and Bible Study Mentors.
• Represents FLS in the community and coordinates with other staff that communicates with the community for the purpose of recruiting volunteers; oversees the development of materials to recruit volunteers.
• Oversee recruiting/selection process to obtain number of qualified volunteers necessary to provide services. Recommend and implement changes to process to maintain number and quality of volunteers needed.
Assures volunteers are trained and equipped to provide quality experience for them at FLS.
• Develops and conducts volunteer training that includes: policies, documentation and record-keeping, programs, phone and other communication protocols, intervention protocols (appropriate communication/interaction with residents), cultural sensitivity, and other pertinent information.
• Develops and conducts continuing education and enrichment. This includes informing/educating volunteers regarding relevant developments in community, government, education, changes in programs and policies, social services agencies affecting our ministry and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Evaluated training programs and current services for the purpose of developing and updating training programs, processes, and procedures as appropriate.
• Develops, updates, and maintains training materials (including designing and updating Volunteer Handbook).
• Solicits, encourages, and utilizes input and guidance from other ministry participants (other staff and external organizations), for the purpose of identifying needs and resources and changing training to best meet needs.
Supervises volunteers. In addition to recruiting and training, supervision includes monitoring, supporting, retention, discipline, and maintaining an atmosphere/culture that supports the FLS mission. Works with staff to insure successful implementation
• Monitor/evaluate programs and personnel for adhering to policies and procedures and quality performance.
• Responsible for resolving conflicts in a Christ-like and respectful manner (with the goal of restoration/reconciliation) with/among volunteers and staff or clients.
• Schedule and coordinate assigned work group shifts.
• Plan and conduct meetings and events appropriate to inform, support, and encourage volunteers.
• Initiate and implement disciplinary and separation procedures in coordination with Executive Director. The purpose of disciplinary procedures is to restore.
Assist Executive Director and other administrators in strategic planning, developing objectives, goals, and action plan for FLS ministry, with input from volunteer perspective. This includes communication financial status and funding needs.
• Works with Executive Director to develop, implement, evaluate, and update programs and ministry events. This includes budget development and oversight. Solicits, encourage, and utilizes input from other ministry participants (other staff and external organizations), the volunteers for the purpose of identifying needs and resources and changing programs/services to best meet needs.
• Responsible for the collection and maintenance of appropriate information, records, reports related to program services following policies and procedures, including confidentiality. Includes developing/updating forms; collecting, recording, and reviewing data; report generation and proposing recommendation based on information; information/report distribution; and suggesting changes to related policies and procedures as needed.
• Seeks to increase community awareness and increased cooperation between agencies and various community organizations in meeting the unique needs of our clients to prevent duplication of services. Promote quality of services, facility, staff and volunteer staff, through ministry and community functions.
• Demonstrates strong servant leadership by supporting and promoting harmony and a ministry of restoration/reconciliation modeled after Christ’s example; serving residents and volunteers effectively and lovingly; and supporting and promoting FLS mission of…providing single parents and their children with spiritual and emotional healing through counseling, mentoring and training in a secure environment.
• Develops volunteer job descriptions.
• Exhibits flexible attitude and adapts quickly to changing situations.
• Special projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Receives periodic supervision in the form of general parameters and periodic review of progress. Makes non-routine decisions involving analysis of situations based on parameters established and past related experience. Plans and organizes work to meet deadlines and volunteers and staff needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job related experience, preferably in human resource management, communications, social work, psychology or related service field. At least two years experience in church or Christian ministry.
• Analytical ability to participate in development of policy and procedures, formulate goals, resolve complex management situations and evaluate staff needs.
• Excellent oral and good written communication skills to relate to professional, medical, church and social services agencies/organizations, as well as volunteers, residents, and donors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to train and supervise volunteers, work with FLS Staff, and influence general public.
• Self-starter with good judgment and integrity.
• Willingness and ability to serve residents and other FLS constituencies (including other staff, donors, vendors, etc.) in a way that honors Jesus Christ and supports and promotes FLS to the local community.
• Willingness and ability to demonstrate commitment to FLS mission and in the execution of position responsibilities.
• Willingness and ability to appropriately share the gospel of Jesus Christ by word and example, including prayer, to encourage clients, staff, and other FLS constituencies and to contribute to an office environment conducive to supporting FLS ministry of life.
• Willingness to be available on scheduled Fridays and Saturdays for work groups.
The above describes the general nature of the job and is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team please send cover letter and resume to:
1880 S. Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905