This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Major Gifts Donor Development Rep.
Back to the Bible
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Date Posted: 06/30/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
• Are you a self-starter who is gifted at connecting with people?
• Do you believe God equips people to give mightily to support His work?
• Are you a confident leader, who is able to inspire and engage others?
• Has God given you a passion to involve others in growing His Kingdom?
Consider joining our team as we build a compelling connection between our mission to reach the world with the Word and new ministry partners. Responsibilities include: major donor identification/cultivation and gift development/solicitation. If you understand the sense of urgency necessary in a dynamic, Christ-focused ministry and have proven experience in the area of major donor development, we would love to receive your application and resume.
The purpose of this position is to generate gifts through new major donor partnerships through personal advocacy and vision casting and by connecting the leadership of Back to the Bible to prospective partners.
MAJOR GIFTS - Expected Outcome: Major gifts will be raised for capital and operating needs plus special ministry projects of Back to the Bible through one-on-one donor contacts. Personal relationships will be developed with individuals, foundations and corporations capable of gifts exceeding $25,000 annually. The result will be growth in significant and ongoing major donor relationships and ministry partnerships.
• Identification & Cultivation—Capture the attention and raise the personal involvement level of current and prospective donors with the ministries of Back to the Bible.
• Gift Development & Solicitation—Prospects are asked for the right gift amount at the right time. The gift is to be made in a way that maximizes the benefits to the donor and to Back to the Bible. Goals for current gifts will be met as an indication of performance. Gifts are to be developed through a profound understanding of what is important to the donor-stakeholder. The donor’s needs and desires are to be effectively matched to major current gifts that result in mutual benefit now. Fund development is to be accomplished prayerfully through strategic planning, by information gathering, in cooperation with natural or primary players, in consultation with Lincoln staff and through work with the donor’s professional advisors, as needed.
• Stewardship & Recognition—Giving begets giving when the Lord is honored and the outcomes and accomplishments of the donor’s investment are effectively felt and communicated. Back to the Bible will value each individual’s contribution through fitting and appropriate expressions of thankfulness that reflect the outcomes and accomplishments of the donor’s gift. The employee is responsible to champion and facilitate the recognition given to his or her donor-stakeholders.
MEASUREMENTS OF EFFECTIVENESS – Reporting will be completed that reflects appropriate monthly planning, management of time and company expense, and the goals and objectives for individual prospects within the stages of the cultivation cycle.
MISCELLANEOUS – Approximately 40 – 60% of work time is on the road accomplishing the various stages of the cultivation cycle. Responsible for maintenance of an office in the home or as provided at headquarters, care for the company vehicle (if applicable), donor records, and attendance at regularly scheduled confer¬ences. Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in a field directly or indirectly related to fund-raising
• 5 years experience in developing lasting relationships with financial partners with good results
• Proven leadership ability
• Must possess a biblical perspective of Christian stewardship
• Must be a believer, who has, by an act of faith, acknowledged Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Must display spiritual maturity and leadership qualities as set forth in Scripture.
• Agreement with and commitment to our ministry’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Standards