Founded in 1879, The Bowery Mission & Kids With A Promise is called to minister in New York City to men, women, and children caught in the cycles of poverty, hopelessness and dependencies of many kinds, and to see their lives transformed to hope, joy, lasting productivity and eternal life through the power of Jesus Christ.Job Description
The Bowery Mission and Kids With A Promise seeks a strategic and creative Christian to manage our integrated marketing efforts, utilizing direct mail, telemarketing, website, email and new media. Candidate will lead the strategy for acquiring new donors and cultivating gifts from continuing donors, working alongside an outside agency to grow a revenue stream that is currently $2.6 million. Candidate will be a leader in developing fundraising messages and campaigns for the organization. Requirements
Candidate should have significant experience with direct mail fundraising or integrated marketing. Candidate should have strong organizational, supervisory, and strategic skills. Competency in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge is expected. Candidate should be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines and budget requirements.Department:
Director of Development Overall Goal:
The Manager of Integrated Marketing is responsible for the strategy, management and growth of our broad base of donors through the use of multiple marketing channels. The Manager leads strategy on acquisition of new donors and cultivation of gifts from continuing donors – currently, a revenue stream of $2.6 million – and is a leader in the integration of messaging across all fundraising channels. The Manager helps to identify prospects for Special Events, Major Gifts, and Institutional Giving.
The Manager oversees the work of a Database Coordinator, a Coordinator of Online & New Media, and a Development Coordinator who oversees gift processing, along with seasonal staff.Specific Responsibilities:
1. Develop and oversee an annual strategy for the acquisition of new donors and cultivation of gifts from continuing donors.
• In coordination with the Director of Development and outside vendors, create an integrated schedule of acquisition and cultivation appeals, newsletters, emails, web content, newspaper advertising, and other marketing methods.
• For each, establish goals for the number of donors/gifts obtained and the amount of revenue, as well as other measurements of effectiveness.
• Evaluate progress against these goals and measurements.
2. Identify and manage vendors to help execute the annual strategy.
Maintain regular contact with each vendor. Provide specific direction and monitor vendor performance against agreed-upon pro forma goals. (Certain vendors may be managed by the Coordinator of Online & New Media.)
3. Review and approve creative content developed by external vendors or internal staff.
Ensure that all creative content is appropriate for the current campaign messaging and the organization’s brand position. (Certain content may be reviewed and approved by the Coordinator of Online & New Media.)
4. Recruit, hire, train and supervise
a Database Coordinator, a Coordinator of Online & New Media, and a Development Coordinator who oversees gift processing, along with seasonal staff. Delegate tasks as appropriate and provide staff with regular feedback on job performance, including an annual performance evaluation.
5. Manage and achieve an annual Integrated Marketing revenue goal.
Work with the Director of Development each July to set a revenue goal, and create a plan to achieve that goal. Track progress and make regular reports to the Director of Development.
6. Manage the expense budget
for Integrated Marketing. Annually, negotiate a new expense budget with the Director of Development.
7. Develop and oversee procedures for database management
implemented by the Database Coordinator. Request from the Database Coordinator the data necessary for direct mail and email solicitations.
8. Develop and oversee procedures for gift processing
implemented by the Development Coordinator. Oversee the efficiency of processes for opening, sorting, batching, scanning, depositing, importing, data entering, and acknowledging each gift.
9. Prepare a monthly Development Income Report
, outlining revenue received from each revenue source, to the Director of Development and Chief Financial Officer.
10. Maintain professional relationships
with peers at other ministries and organizations, seeking out opportunities for educational growth and best practices. Be knowledgeable of trends in Integrated Marketing.
11. Complete other duties as assigned.To Apply for this position please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to the Manager of Manager of Integrated Marketing using this EMAIL link, thank you.