Our Associate Field Director is strategic, technical, and relational, always thinking of new ways to develop partnerships and report their results to our allies. Using strong project management skills, and having an eye toward building partnerships and projects and a strong love of Jesus, our Associate Field Director brings Hope to those living on less than $1 a day.
Bright Hope’s Mission and Vision:
Bright Hope is a Christian international relief and development agency dedicated to bringing Hope to those who earn less than $1.00 a day. We seek to provide for the physical, economic, and spiritual needs of the Extreme Poor through holistic partnerships with local, indigenous churches in some of the poorest countries around the world.
The Associate Field Director is responsible for developing and managing a geographical region of the international operations of Bright Hope. Responsibilities include recruiting and developing in-country field staff in multiple countries; strategic oversight of project development field staff; and managing the reporting processes to enable accurate and timely communication between the field and headquarters. This position manages others (in the field) and reports to the Director of Partnerships.
• Builds, maintains and supports long-term working relationships with in-country field staff
• Overseas the development of new partnerships
• Overseas the development of ongoing and new projects strategically aligned to the physical, economical, and spiritual needs of the community and to the mission of Bright Hope
• Manages the project proposal and follow-up reporting process with in-country field staff
• Creates, monitors, and manages reports on financial systems and controls with field staff
• Recruits new in-country field staff as needed
• Supervises and develops in-country field staff, including identifying and setting goals, developing staff, monitoring and measuring performance, and providing feedback
• Works closely with Marketing and Communication and Project Specialist teams to provide necessary information to communicate partner needs and successes to Bright Hope allies.
• Participates on Project and Partnership Development Committee that makes partnership and project engagement decisions
• Travels internationally 3-5 times a year to evaluate ministry effectiveness, reinforce reporting requirements, and provide additional reporting resources where required
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in International Community Development (Masters preferred)
• 5 - 10 years of project management experience focusing on programs serving the poor in under resourced countries (overseas preferred)
• Prior experience in non-profit sector
• Proven experience in managing projects with budgets from $10,000usd - $500,000usd
• Experience in proposal creation
• Strong leadership experience managing in-country field staff
• Experience with leading volunteer teams on international serving/vision trips, Gift-in-Kind management, job creation programs, micro-loan programs
• Time spent living outside the USA (preferred)
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Fluent in another language a plus (Spanish preferred)
• Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships
• Strong collaborative management style
• Delegates responsibilities effectively
• Strong financial acumen
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
Special Position Requirements:
• Strong relationship with Jesus
• Affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement and models the Christian faith, as described at http://www.brighthope.org/why_brighthope/mission.php
• Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
• Able to relocate to Hoffman Estates, IL area
• International travel to extremely poor areas 3-5 times per year, as necessary
Qualified for the job? And passioniate to see Extreme poverty alleviated from our world? And love Jesus? Send your resume and cover letter to human.resources@BrightHope.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Bright Hope envisions a world where under-resourced, indigenous churches transform their communities and bring Hope to the extreme poor.
Our efforts are to have a holistic program with physical aid, economic development and spiritual growth in each of our partnerships. We call this aspect of our ministry: Hope for Today, Hope for Tomorrow and Hope for Eternity.