This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry and Worship Leader
Portland, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2010
Categories: Church/Ministry - Music Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: This is a Full-Time, Exempt, Pastoral Position that will combine the responsibilities of Youth Ministry and Worship Leadership in a way that supports our vision to draw people to Christ in our neighborhood, in our
city and around the world. Trinity Fellowship averages an attendance of 350 adults on Sunday mornings and employs an
equivalent of six full time employees. We value team ministry. Volunteer and paid administrative support will be
available to assist this position. We recognize the ideal combination of gifts for Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry
may be rare, so we are open to hiring an individual stronger in one area than the other. However, since we are looking for
ministry leadership in both areas, the potential for leadership in the weaker sphere must be present. If we were to assign
percentages, with the ideal being 50/50, we're looking for a combination not less than 70/30. Specific qualifications are
Qualifications: Essential qualifications are:
1) The gift of leadership (the ability to inspire and equip others in ministry);
2) An intergenerational emphasis (in both Youth ministry and Worship we aim for shared experience rather than
3) A Biblical worldview (i.e. understanding that truth is objective rather than subjective and knowable rather than
4) A team player able to serve collaboratively within a multiple leadership structure.
• A passion to equip Youth to grow in depth (personally) and breadth (evangelistically).
• The ability to teach the Word in a way that is relevant and inspiring to youth.
• The ability to encourage and lead volunteer staff.
• A degree of spiritual maturity that inspires trust and emulation.
• The energy to connect with youth and the wisdom to connect with parents.
• A passion for the worship of God.
• A sense of celebration, recognizing the privilege of worshipping God.
• A temperamental sensibility which draws others to worship God.
• An ability and comfort level with moderating services (generally 3 out of 4 weeks).
• Competence in music leadership, instrumentally and vocally.
• Preference toward proficiency with guitar.
• The ability to encourage volunteers.
Additional Qualifications: It is vital that a candidate is in full agreement with Trinity Fellowship’s Doctrinal
Statement, available at www.trinity-fellowship.com/information/doctrinalstatement.aspx. A qualified candidate will also
be committed to pursuing Trinity Fellowship’s Mission, Values & Vision, which can be found at www.trinityfellowship.
com/information/mission.aspx. Preference will be given to candidates with prior relevant ministry experience.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Contact Information: Qualified applicants may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ATTN: Pastoral Search
2700 SE 67th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205