This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Manager – Field Technologies
Arlington, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/27/2010
Job Type: Full-Time
The Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. The Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the uniqueness of its vision makes it most feasible for The Seed Company to be involved.
God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships.
Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, committed to effective partnerships, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
The purpose of the position is to accelerate Bible translation through appropriate use of technology tools in diverse translation project contexts
Position Scope and Authority
Contributes to Information Technology strategies within the annual operating plan in view of the three year strategic map; plans, proposes, administrates annual budget for Field Technology; exercises independent judgment and decision making within parameters of corporate vision, mission, values and strategic plan. Builds, directs, and cares for a team of individuals serving to maximize the impact of technology on the acceleration of Scripture translation.
• Cultivate broad understanding of the various tasks and tools used to accomplish translation;
• Develop internal capacity for support of translation workshops, procurement and deployment of tools (like laptops
and software), management of translation project data;
• Cultivate strategies involving use of technology to improve pace and quality translation;
• Supervise efforts to deploy and support solutions;
• Identify and coordinate with current and potential partners or organizations in order to establish working
relationships which will facilitate deployment and support of culturally and technically appropriate technologies;
• Manage budgets and maintain fiscal accountability for projects;
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God-honoring lifestyle; passion for God’s Word reaching every people
group in their own language;
• Alignment with the Seed Company vision, mission, and values;
• Demonstrated ability and experience in cross-cultural and cross-functional settings;
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, communications or related area or
• 4 years experience managing the integration of complex and emerging business components, including but not
limited to systems, logistics, human resources
• Demonstrated experience in applying existing technology in creative ways
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate innovation and the generation of new ideas and technical applications
• Strong systems analysis skills;
• Proven project management skills such as leadership, planning, organization, & communication;
• Broad understanding of personal computers, web technologies and internet connectivity;
• An “independent-team player”; ability to operate in a team setting while demonstrating good independent
judgment and decision making
• A “can-do” attitude as demonstrated by the ability to accomplish goals and achieve outcomes
• A “servant” spirit; as demonstrated by the desire to help others succeed
• Ability to travel internationally up to 12 weeks annually;
To respond to this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Seed Company makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony and identification with a local church.