Calvary Saint Georges Episcopal Church is currently looking to fill the position for the Director of Program Operations Position:
Director of Program OperationsReports to:
Manager of Communications, Executive Assistant to the RectorExperienced, inspirational program builder is needed to help create and manage evangelism, spiritual formation, community and outreach programs at an historic NYC Episcopal parish under the overall direction of the Rector.
Areas of responsibility also include Sunday operations, parish communication, stewardship and office supervision. Salary commensurate with experience. Position Summary:
This position oversees the creation and operation of all church programs in the Parish of Calvary and St. Georges on two campuses. It operates under the authority of the Rector. Areas of responsibility include Sunday worship operations, Christian education programs, evangelism, welcome and outreach programs, all communications—internal and external, stewardship and giving, and office staffing and operations. Property, finance and accounting, and non-church businesses are not part of this position.Scope of Authority:
The Director works under the policy authority of the Rector and the Vestry, who set yearly goals, create policy guidance and approve the budgets for the Director. Day to day operations are under the full authority of the Director and Vestry Committee members assigned to specific areas are there in volunteer capacities, not supervisory either to the Director or his/her reports.Principal Goal:
The Directors of Parish Operations creates the empowering atmosphere and orderly administrative conditions in which robust growth can take place, powered by clergy, lay staff and volunteers. Job performance is measured by such objectives as growth in program offerings, growth in program attendance, growth in giving units and gifts.Specific Responsibilities:
1. Recruit, develop and retain a staff capable of running parish programs— including a Manager of Communications, an Executive Assistant and others as growth allows.
2. Recruit, develop and empower volunteer committees to promote the growth of the Parish. Work with Vestry Committees to promote productivity in their areas of responsibility.
3. Working with the Rector, help create Sunday worship services of reverence, beauty and excellence which will attract visitors and enhance the lives of parishioners and visitors alike.
4. Unify Parish communications under a single jurisdiction and build effective, high frequency, multi-channel contact with parishioners and visitors alike.
5. Build effective welcome programs that result in increased conversion of visitors to long-term attenders.
6. Provide support to the Alpha evangelism programs in the Parish.
7. Build effective Christian education programs which will attract all ages and result in spiritual formation and maturity.
8. Under the supervision of the Rector and Vestry Stewardship Committee, create educational and promotional programs in the area of financial stewardship.
9. Build effective compassion and outreach programs to hurting members of the community as priorities allow.
10. Report regularly to the Rector and Vestry, progress in building and improving Parish programs.
11. Carry out special projects and any other duties assigned by the Rector.Inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org